The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise

Spy on the Chancellor? Why? Just when Anakin thought the council couldn't be anymore cruel they gave him this assignment. He walked into the theater that the Chancellor told Anakin to meet him at. After climbing several sets of stairs he found his balcony. "Ah Anakin. Come here my boy! Leave us." His guards got up and left and Anakin took a seat beside him. They sat and watched the opera. Palpatine cleared his throat. "Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?" "No." Anakin said confused. "I thought not. It's not a story a Jedi would tell you." He paused, "It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying."  "He could actually save save people from death?" Anakin asked. He remembered his dreams of Ahsoka's death. "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." "What happened to him?" Anakin was very curious. "He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself." "Is it possible to learn this power?" If I could learn it I had to. I had to save Ahsoka. "Not from a Jedi."