Confessions

Ahsoka stood on the balcony of a building they had taken over. Hopefully this siege wouldn't last long. She needed to see Anakin again soon. It had already been several weeks and she missed him dearly. Ahsoka looked at the damage they had already caused to the city and wondered if the people would ever recover from the siege. All around the city the clones were evacuating the citizens to keep them out of harms way. "Are you ready to give a report to General Kenobi?" She turned around to see Rex standing there. "Uh- yes lets go." She said. They went inside the building and Ahsoka saw Bo Katan waiting for them." I have General Kenobi here." She said sharply. "Thank you." "Ahsoka how is the siege coming?" "It's going well Master Obi Wan. We have the city completely blocked off so there is no way for Maul to escape. We've encountered him once but we were unable to capture him. " "Alright. Hopefully he will show his face again and  this will all be over soon." She nodded, "Actually I need to ask you something. When I met Maul he said something about a Sith Lord called 'Sidious'. Do you know anything about this?" Obi Wan scratched his beard. "Can I talk to Ahsoka in private please?" Bo Katan was about to protest but she nodded her head and she and Rex went to talk across the room. Obi Wan looked to see that they were far enough away. "The council has had there suspicions about who this 'Sidious' could be but nothing is certain. All hope of getting him identity is lost unfortunately." "Why is that?" Ahsoka asked suspiciously. "Because Anakin has killed Count Dooku." "What?!" she wasn't sure how to feel. Anakin had succeeded but how would the Jedi find out about the Sith Lord? "Anakin has been going through a hard time ever since. He was denied the rank of master and he has been asked to spy on Chancellor Palpatine. He is not taking his new assignment well." Ahsoka felt terrible for Anakin. The Jedi had never been good to him. "Why would they do that?" Ahsoka asked angrily. "The council isn't always right, Ahsoka." Silence. "Commander we are needed in the throne room!" Rex called over. Ahsoka looked at Obi Wan. "Go." He said. She turned to leave the room, but paused. She needed Anakin to know that she was here for him always. Ahsoka couldn't hold their secret from Obi Wan anymore. "Tell Anakin- tell him- that I love him." Obi Wan looked pitiful. "I will." She then realized that he had known the whole time. Ahsoka nodded and left the room.