Dreams Return

Blueish- purple lighting hit her. She screamed in pain and her orange skin smoldered. "You're... the... only one.... who can.... save... me, Ana-" I watched the life leave her eyes as she hit the ground. I woke up gasping for air and crying. I was shaking. I had just watched Ahsoka die. The last time I had dreams like that my mother had died. I couldn't let Ahsoka die too. I put my head in my hands. Not again... not again...

I got up and went over to the shrine I made for Ahsoka. I tried to power on her lightsabers. Nothing happened. The position of the crystal must have shifted. I opened up both of her sabers. I shifted the crystals back into place. I powered on her lightsabers again and both sabers glowed bright blue. "Whoops" I said to myself. I realized that if she ever used them again she would always have a little piece of me with her.

A knock sounded on my door and I turned off the sabers. I put them back on the shrine and went to answer the door. Obi Wan stood there. "Come in Master." Obi Wan entered the room. "I need to talk to you Anakin. The other Jedi are worried that you have been holding on to your feelings. I've come to make sure you're alright." "I'm fine." I said with my teeth clenched. "You're thoughts betray you Anakin. You can't stop thinking about Ahsoka?" Obi Wan was getting on my nerves. "Of course not Master. I just needed some time alone. I just miss her." "You need to let go Anakin." Obi Wan turned to leave, but stopped. "Wait a minute... there is more going on here isn't there? You and Ahsoka aren't together-" "Of course not Master!" I said defensively. "Then we should have no problems getting back to normal should we?" "No Master." I said quietly.

My com link started chiming. It was the Admiral. I answered it. "General Skywalker, sorry to disturb you at this hour but this is urgent." "What is it Admiral?" Obi Wan said. "We've received a transmission from our sub space frequency 'fulcrum'. You should report to the war room immediately." Obi Wan and I exchanged glances before leaving the room.