Heroes or Villans

Ahsoka pulled the speeder apart. Sparks flew out, and she tried  to pull out a piece of metal, but recoiled her hand after a burn.

"Need some help?" Nyx asked. "Not if you're going to charge me more." Ahsoka said. "Well everything down here costs something. I don't know where you're from but that's how things are down here." Ahsoka sighed. "I guess I'll have to get used to that." Nyx nodded, and jumped down from a large starship he was working on. "So where are you from?" Ahsoka froze. What would she say? She stared at the dirt floor. "Uh- I'm from topside." Nyx's face turned sad, angry, and then back to curious. "Oh... so you know the Jedi..." Ahsoka was taken aback at his tone. "Is something wrong?" "Well the Jedi killed my parents..." Ahsoka looked up from her speeder in shock. "What..." she whispered. "Yeah, they were chasing some scum rats, when they were forced to crash a speeder into my family's home. My parents got me out in time, but they didn't make it." "I'm so sorry." Tears filled Ahsoka's eyes. The Jedi protected the galaxy, but at what cost? How many others had this happened to? "And they didn't even catch the criminal." Nyx spat. Yet again her faith was shattered. Where the Jedi really the heroes?

"Okami!" Nxy turned around sharply. His face filled with anger and fear. A squat, red alien walked into the hanger. "Where's my money?" Two tall green guards followed closely behind him. "Who are they?" Ahsoka asked. "That's Pintu. He's a gangster." "You don't happen to owe him money do you?" Ahsoka said sarcastically. Nyx shrugged. "Man's gotta live."

"You must have not heard me he first time!" Pintu growled. "Where is my money?!" "You have his money right?" Nyx looked panicked. "Trust me." He whispered. Ahsoka rolled her eyes. "If you say so."

"Pintu! I have your money..." Nyx paused and pulled a metal rod out of Ahsoka's speeder. She put her head in her hands and sighed. This could not be his plan. "... Right here!" He wacked one of the guards with the rod, and the guard barley noticed. He glared at Nyx, before picking him up and throwing him into a table. Nyx groaned and tried to punch the guard, but the other guard kicked him in the ankle. He screamed and was pushed into the ground. "Ahsoka... help..." He ground his teeth. Ahsoka considered her options. She always wanted to help people, but as she felt the credits in her pocket, she knew she couldn't afford to pay Nyx for her stay. "Alright. I'll help you-" "Thanks!" Nyx panted as his nose started to bleed. "If-" His face fell. "You let me stay for free of charge." "I can't do that! I need that money!" "If you charge me, Pintu can have you." Nyx took another punch. "Alright! Alright." He yelled. Ahsoka sighed in relief and nodded her head. She made a quick plan of what she would do, and then she jumped over a table. The guards let go of Nyx to take her. Ahsoka did a backflip and kicked a guard in the face. She punched the other guard in the stomach and he doubled over. She twisted through the air, and before long both guards were laying on the floor, groaning. Ahsoka glared at Pintu, and the alien called up his guards and left.

Nyx lay a few feet away on the floor. Ahsoka grabbed his hand and pulled him up. He stared at her for awhile, stunned. "Where did you learn to fight like that?" He said in admiration. "My- uh- my best friend taught me." His eyes were wide. "Maybe you or your friend can teach me sometime." Ahsoka turned sad. "Yeah... I can teach you." "Did something happen to your best friend?" Ahsoka sighed. "No, he's just gone." Nyx looked sympathetic. "I'm sorry." Ahsoka nodded. "Sometimes I am too."