vingt-quatre

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter twenty-four❛ 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞

chapter twenty-four
❛ 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ALL AMARA COULD feel was herself falling, the scream of her name rolling off Percy's tongue as the cries of Thalia reached her ears. The sound of skeleton bones chattering the way down filled her head, water not only being heard but seen.

Mist lightly sprayed her body, causing a sensation of dampness around her upper body and legs. She was able to make out the river below just as, if not more,  intimidating than from seven hundred feet up. Wind rushed past her, a usual comforting feeling if she was able to control it.

But now, she was completely and utterly exhausted and was falling to what she presumed to be her own worst nightmare, drowning. And this time, no son of Poseidon was around.

Percy Jackson, part of her couldn't believe that her smile for the first time in seven long years was directed towards him. And yet she was awfully happy that if smiling at him was the last thing she did, Amara was okay with that.

The sound of splashing could be heard, and immediately she knew her time was coming up. So she closed her eyes, thanking her father for the opportunity to finish the battle and give her sister and friends a head start. Another splash reached her ears, the smell of water flooding her senses as she accepted her fate. She figured she was part of the prophecy, one shall perish by a parent's hand, and oddly enough she was okay with that. It meant no one else would die, her sacrifice would have done something.

She never made impact with the river, instead, she had what felt like a gush of wind swoop underneath her figure and took off. When she glanced down, a wind spirit was what caught her fall despite not summoning it. At least, until she realized it wasn't a wind spirit at all.

The creature underneath her was ash white as blue electricity crawled up it's legs, wings, and throughout it's entire body constantly flickering. The creature's eyes glowed a bright teal, flashing around like lightning during a thunderstorm. It's mane was a light gray, but had hints of teal interwoven within some strands. It was a pegasus, made entirely of wind and lightning.

The pegasus ran on top of the river before finally spreading it's wings and taking off to the skies, leaving the skeletons behind to sink down to the bottom of the water. "Did my father send you," Amara asked, resting herself against the creature's mane. "Or did you do this of your own free will?"