sept

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

MYTHOLOGY

chapter seven❛ 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚞𝚔𝚎

chapter seven
❛ 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚞𝚔𝚎. ❜

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

ARES WAS WAITING for them at the diner. "Well, well," he chuckled. "You didn't get yourself killed." Percy gritted his teeth as he stared the god of war down. "You knew it was a trap." He snapped.

A wicked grin was etched onto the war god's lips. "Bet that crippled blacksmith was surprised when he netted a couple of stupid kids." His gaze landed on Amara, her gaze was focused on the floor. She would rather forget the incident that had just taken place, especially since she allowed her fear to get the better of her. It took Annabeth awhile to calm her down once her brain realized fully what she had just gone through. "You looked good on TV, put on quiet the show."

Her eyes widened quicker then she could conceal her surprise, she dug her nails into her palm as she realized the embarrassment she had gone through. Everyone on Olympus had witnessed her fear getting the better of her, witnessed her breakdown.

The son of Poseidon's anger grew as Ares openly made fun of the brunette. It wasn't her fault, but yet, he was making sure she knew to the extent what everyone had seen and thought of it, a show, something to entertain others.

"You're a jerk," Percy shoved the bronze shield at the god, earning Amara's attention. The god ignored him, slinging the shield across his back with a shrug. "See that truck over there?" Ares pointed at an eighteen wheeler across the street. "That's your ride. Takes you straight to LA, with one stop in Vegas."

KINDNESS INTERNATIONAL: HUMAN ZOO TRANSPORT. WARNING: LIVE WILD ANIMALS.

"Your kidding," Percy scoffed after the demigods and satyr took the time to read the sign at the back of the truck with it's label. She already had a feeling Grover was getting frustrated over what the truck held.

"Free ride west, punk. Stop complaining. And here's a little something for doing the job." He tossed a backpack at Percy who handed it off to Amara. She looked inside, there was clean clothes for all of them, twenty dollars, fifteen or twenty so drachmas, and a bag of double stuff Oreos.

"I don't want your lousy—"

"Thank you, Lord Ares." Amara interrupted the raven haired boy, sending him a look. He narrowed his sea green eyes back. "Thanks a lot."

"You owe me one more thing." Percy gritted his teeth. "You promised me information about my mother."

"You sure you can handle the news?" Ares shifted his ignition, his bike whirring to life with a monstrous roar that set the atmosphere for his next words. ". . . She's not dead."