Chapter 25: Lies

~Mark's P.O.V.~

I was trudging through another day. I missed Kate so much. I just wanted her back.

I recorded myself playing some Happy Wheels and then sat on the couch, watching Netflix. I sighed as I watched, feeling bored. Then, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Excuse me? This is Sandy Windshire. My friend is Kate Foyer. Before you say anything, she's in trouble! Please help her!" She desperately pleaded.

"Thank you, Sandy. You're a good person." Then, I hung up. Kate was in danger. I needed to help her. I immediately grabbed my car keys and began driving to her place.

~Kate's P.O.V.~

I was cornered. A wall was behind me and it was standing in the way of the door. I stood with my fists clenched. I felt strong and was confident. But that all faded when...

It sounded like Mark.

"I hate you." It told me. I was stunned.

"I don't want you around on this world. I don't need you. I only need Eva. You don't deserve me. I'm too good for you."

I started to tremble. "W-What..."

"You heard me! You shouldn't be on this planet anymore. Go to the kitchen and grab a knife. Slit your throat. It'll be painless but, I don't think it should." It's grin never faded.

"Shut up..." I squeaked out.

"You're worthless. You can't help anyone. No wonder why all your family died."

I covered my ears. "Stop it!!"

"Your big brother loved you but you didn't even care." It laughed darkly.

"No!!"

"Then, your mother needed support, but you were too focused on yourself to do anything about it. No wonder she killed herself!"

I shook my head. "Go away!!"

"But, your little sister depended and loved you more than anything. And you just sat by and watched her die!" It yelled.

"It can't be!" I felt tears poor from my eyes and I fell to my knees, my hands still covering my ears.

"That's not the only time you screwed up. You let me go. You hate me."

"That's a lie!!" I threw a nearby book at it.

"I never wanted to talk to you. I never wanted to meet you. I never wanted to take you to all those places. I want to take every second back. Because...I don't love you." It whispered.

I screamed and tried to block out its words. I saw one of its bony hands was about to grab the top of my head. Its hand was so large. I was hearing all the things I didn't want to hear. But then...

"That's not true!!" I heard it say. I opened my eyes slowly. Was it...arguing with itself? I looked up slightly.

Mark.