Chapter 17: The Fair

~A few days later~

I woke up to someone bouncing on my bed again. "Maaaark. Not now..." I whined and pulled the covers over my head.

"Come on! Get up!" Mark kept bouncing on my bed.

"No." I groaned. Then, I felt the sheets ripped off of me. I growled and threw a pillow at Mark. I closed my eyes again and curled into a ball.

"Well, I guess this is the only way to get you up." Then, I was picked up in strong arms and thrown over a shoulder.

I yelped. "Maaaarky!! I'm tiwed!!"

Mark laughed. "Well I made coffee."

I sighed. I buried my face in his back as he carried me. He set me down at the table and I saw pancakes and eggs. "Ooo! When did Mark become a cook?"

"Since I started looking up how to cook on Google." We laughed.

I ate the food and drank my coffee. Then Mark gently took my wrist in his hand. I tilted my head. "Mark?"

He smirked and slipped on a paper bracelet. I read it. "Oh my goodness..." I whispered.

"We're heading to the fair!" Mark smiled. A fair was visiting town for a couple days and everyone was talking about it. The bracelet would let you go on unlimited rides and play unlimited mini games for a day.

"These bracelets cost a lot. I'm really touched you would pay so much." I smiled and stood up. "Thank you!" I hugged him tightly.

"It's my pleasure. Now, go get ready. I have a lot of plans for us today." Mark kissed the top of my head.

I giggled. "Okay! Oooo! I'm so excited now!" I ran off to my room. I was giggling so much. I opened my wardrobe. I decided to wear something nice since it was a special occasion.

I grabbed a black, short(ish) dress with a red bow (pic). I tied the bow around my waist. I put on black flats since I didn't want to wear heels and if I wore my regular shoes it would look strange. I went into the bathroom and brushed my hair. I put my hair in a ponytail. Then, I brushed my teeth.

I smoothed out my dress and stepped into the living room. I saw Mark waiting for me. I cleared my throat and I saw Mark look at me. His eyes widened and a little blush came to his cheeks.

"K-Kate. You look absolutely stunning." He smiled as he stood in front of me.

I blushed. "Thank you. I assumed it was a special occasion so I decided to look nice." I looked down shyly while I shuffled my feet.

Mark grabbed my chin gently in between his thumb and index finger. He lifted my chin up so I was looking at him. "You always look beautiful." He smiled.

"You're such a cheesy gentleman." I smiled. We gave each other a quick peck on the lips.

"Well, let's get going, shall we, milady?" He held out his arm for me to take.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around his. "Thank you, kind sir." He led me out to his car and opened the car door for me. I smiled and climbed into his car.

Mark closed the car door and got in the driver's seat. He began driving to the fair.

When we got there, Mark opened my car door and held out his hand. I smiled and took it. He helped me out of the car and closed the car door. He held out his arm and I wrapped one of mine around it. We went past the gates and into the fair.

"So, what do you want to do first?" Mark asked me.

"I have no idea. There's too many choices." I looked all around.