Chapter 38: Who Is Ao?

It was evening, Karma and Nagisa were sitting downstairs in the main room, Hiromi had gone out shopping. She needed a new phone and a few things that she no longer had.

"So, do you think she's gonna know anything about Ao?" Nagisa asked.

"I'm not sure, all I know is that what she told us was bullshit. Out of that whole story only about two or three things could be even a little true."

Nagisa laughed. "Fair enough."

"I mean, you can't get abducted by assassins, stay in their hideout for so many years and come back calling them ninjas. Her act was overdone, she should have just been honest."

"Yea-"

The boys heard keys in the door.

"Must be her."

"Hm." Nagisa nodded.

Shortly after, Hiromi did indeed walk in holding mountains of bags.

"Damn, what did you buy?" Karma asked, baffled.

"Oh just food and some other necessities." She responded, with a smile as she carried on walking to the kitchen.

"See, right now she's telling the truth." Karma whispered to Nagisa, sarcastically.

Nagisa giggled.

About an hour passed.

"Nagi, where's your mum?" Karma said pausing the tv.

He shrugged. "She was headed to the kitchen almost an hour ago."

Karma got up and made his way to where they thought Hiromi would be. When he turned the corner she was indeed there.

"Hey, Karma." She smiled, closing the oven.

"Oh hey, what you cookin'?"

"Nothing special, just thought it would do you boys good to get some food in your stomachs."

"Oh, in that case thanks I guess." Karma said, smiling.

She smiled back. "Did you need anything or were you just checking up on me?"

"Actually a bit of both, I came to check up on you but now that you mention it me and Nagi did want to ask you something."

"Sure, no problem. I'll be with you guys in about ten minutes."

"Thanks." Karma said, grabbing something off the counter and putting it in his trousers before exiting the kitchen.

Karma and Nagisa got comfortable again, shortly after Hiromi came in though.

Nagisa quickly straightened up. "O- oh hey mum."

"No need to act so nervous." She smiled.

Strangely the smile actually calmed him a bit.

"Anyways, what did you want to ask me?"

Karma began. "Well you see, someone actually emailed Nagisa a location and titled the email 'Ao'. Of course Nagisa was very confused as he's not even sure who emailed him but he went to check the location from the email out and that's where he found you. So we was wondering do you know anything about 'Ao', we thought it might be one of those ninjas you were on about." Karma said, exaggerating his smile.

Half of what Karma had just said was a complete lie. Of course Nagisa's mum probably knew Nagi was an assassin but just in case she didn't, there was no need to give it away.

Hiromi returned Karma's smile. "Ao...no it doesn't ring a b-"

Before Hiromi could finish her already bullshit response, Karma grabbed a knife out of his pocket and flung it straight at her with absolute precision.

She moved her head to the left, catching the knife mid-air.

"Karma! What the he-" Nagisa shouted.

Karma pointed towards Hiromi, which caused Nagisa to pause his sentence and turn his head, of course he saw his mum holding the knife mid-air.

"M-"

Hiromi quickly interrupted Nagisa. "You know Karma, you really shouldn't throw knives somebody could get hurt." Hiromi's eyes flashed a bright blue colour.

Nagisa quickly heightened all his sense's and stayed on guard. Karma did the same. 

"So...I'm guessing you're Ao. You know, you're quite the assassin, I didn't hold back with that throw at all, I aimed to kill you. If I was wrong about you, you would be dead right now."

"Oh, shut up."

"Yes, I'm Ao. However right now, I'm not sure why you're both treating me like the bad person all I did was defend myself against Karma's attack, I didn't even retaliate. What have I actually done wrong? Is it because I lied about myself, oh well excuse me for wanting to keep that identity in the past."

Nagisa lowered his guard. Karma didn't.

"Karma, she's right. If someone questioned me on my identity then I would do the same thing."

"Yes, but you're her son. She literally abandoned you and is so heartless she doesn't feel like she even has to give you the real story why...the truth. Plus remember you was hired to kill her and the reward was a lot of money." Karma said, sadistically.

He was pissed and Nagisa could see that. He almost wanted to cry at the sight of seeing his own boyfriend this angry for him. Karma's hands were literally shaking and it was all for Nagisa's sake. This wasn't his mother, he didn't have to care at all...but he did.

"Karma! Calm down." Nagisa said, calming his voice towards the end of the sentence.

Karma took in a deep breath and Nagisa moved up close to him for comfort.

"Listen, I'm not gonna murder my own mum. Sure, she lied to me and I don't deserve that all." Nagisa said, giving a knowing glare in Hiromi's direction. "However, she's still my mum. We can kick her out, call the police, do all that kind of stuff but I'm not gonna kill her."

Hiromi, placed the knife gently on the floor, away from everybody.

"Thank you, Nagisa." She said.

"You still have to explain what just happened. We all saw that glow in your eyes." Karma said.

"Glow?" Nagisa said, subconsciously.

"Yeah, her eyes glowed bright blue. Just like your eyes glow when you give Mika control." Karma replied, subconsciously.

"What is this? Are you in my head?"

"Yeah, I think this is what Rin was talking about when we binded."

"Oh yeah, cool."

"Uhm...can you two stop staring into space."

"Oh...sorry." They said, simultaneously.

"Okay, I'll tell you what's going on. However, once I do. I have to leave."