Chapter 26: A little tug of a bedazzled heart -II

Start from the beginning

He looked like a fallen Angel. He looked like Ares, the god of war, kissing the hand of Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty, promising something that was forbidden, professing his love.

Everyone was now looking, it looked a whole lot like a marriage proposal, and she didn't know how to react or say anything in return.

She knew for a fact that the reason why her heart was beating incredibly fast and the presence of the butterflies that were swarming in her stomach wasn't because of the stares people were giving her but because of that light touch and look he gave her.

"Just this once" she says back in a cold voice.

"It's all I need" He replied in a tone that made her feel like her knees were going weak by the second. She was shouting at herself to keep it together, but she knew she couldn't.

The two walked in the middle of the ballroom. Their figures seemed to look so beautiful right next to each other.

"How sure are you that I'm not gonna kick you any moment right now" she says.

"Because you chose to dance with me even if you haven't danced with anyone else"

He bowed towards her and she curtsied in return, he then held out his hand for her and she took it, his touch gentle like a feather. Like a connection. A lightning strike that collided the touch. Sealing and covering their feelings of longing.

The song started, it was Latch by Daniela Andrade

(please do play this specific version/cover of the song when you read the parts right after the line symbol, you won't regret it,I'm begging you please or you may play it after reading it so that their feelings are made across :) )

_

You..lift my heart up when the rest of me is down

His eyes were burning through hers. He didn't break the eye contact. His hands, one warmly holding onto hers and the other was grasping her waist.

You, you enchant me even when you're not around.

His touch was so gentle like a feather and yet she could feel how his finger burned through her gown. A step to the back. And then to the front. Her heart was out of her chest, wavering.

If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down

A step forward. A step backward. The tension was so high, their eyes never broke the eye contact. Acting as if they were the only people in that room. The proximity between their bodies was closer than usual.

Another step forward, and his hands tightened around her waist ever so gently, her breath got stuck in her throat and she felt so restless.

Im latching on babe, now I know what I have found

He looked at her eyes and then, her nose and then her lips. Everywhere and everything that was her.

The way he held his gaze so deeply on her conveyed so many emotions. But, what was sure was that, the way he looked at her was the type of way every girl wanted to be looked at.