Chapter 25: A little tug of a bedazzled heart -I

Start from the beginning

The crowds never bothered it, it shouldn't since they were taught to be that way, but what truly helped her imagine as if the crowds were nothing but air was his gaze.

He seemed to know everything about the world, and he acted as if every time she'd ask about something, he'd give her everything.

That was both a blessing and a curse to her.

Of course she truly loved how he showed his affection and love for her but, the fact that he'd give his own happiness, his own safety, his own life for her didn't sit well nor happily in her heart.

She'd rather live in constant and unforeseen danger with him rather than live a safe well lived life without him.

Her dissatisfaction must've been obvious on her face when he whispered to her, "everything all right?"

She looked at him, and she felt like she was in the brink of tears.

It was a mixture of happy and sad ones. Because he was her life line. The one who would make her heart stop if he leaves her or if he stays with her.

But she'd rather die knowing it was for him than anything else.

"Don't do it again" she says.

A confused look appeared on Seokjin's face and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Do what?"

"Saving me"

He must've been in shock by what she said because his reaction and the slight stiffening of his hold were proof of it.

"And why not?" He asked sadly.

"Because I'm not worth it" she said with a bittersweet gaze on him.

"Not worth it for what?" He asked softly as their bodies went closer together.

"Saving my life's continuation isn't worth ending yours" she says slowly, looking downward, not meeting his eyes, the shame in her gaze would've been too obvious to hide so she hid it well, hoping desperately that he wouldn't look at her.

But he went in closer, hugging her fully, he didn't care if it wasn't part of the dance. He was done following the stupid rules. The stupid policies.

He hugged her waist tightly, pulling her ever so much to him.

"You'll always be worth it. You'll always be worth more than my life because there's no point of my existence if I'm without you, Jisoo" He whispers to her as he kisses her head.

She slowly looks up, with tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. He slowly stepped back in order to see her clearly.

"I shouldn't be crying, I'm ruining my make up for god's sake" she says to him as he lightly laughs followed by her giggling as she tries to dry her tears.

But before she could do so, he kisses her nose, and says, "I'll do it all over again, even in the next life"

Her gaze to him was so loving that he knew that itself was enough. Her existence itself made his heart beat. And her love was more privilege and reason enough to sacrifice everything for her.