Chapter Nine: Blackheart

Wind whistled through the trees as I sat in the forest, the battle at four trees seamed nothing but a horrible nightmare to me now even if it had only happened this night. For even the same full moon was showing the nearly blood-red sky as the sun rose, pushing the it away.

"Blackheart? A voice said from beside me, 

'Yes Splashstar?' I replied, I was afraid to look at him in case he was not truly there, nothing but a voice in my head. But before I had a chance to turn he stepped in front of me.

"This battle is not won, a darkness comes that will soon be here."

'Splashstar, you know how i loath your riddles, I'm no medicine cat.'

"I speak what I can, no more, no less..." before I could ask what he meant a voice call from camp, it was Riversong. And as I blinked in silent response to her call, Spashstar vanished before my eyes.

I now sat in Riversong's den as she chattered away of the news she had herd from the other warriors. 

"Foxpaw will need a new mentor," she muttered lastly "do you think Amberstar would chose you?"

-I doubt it,- I wrote on my stone -Amberstar will most likely choose a fit warrior that can continuously tell the apprentice what they need to work on.-

"Perhaps, but you and Foxpaw seamed to understand each other perfectly at four-trees."

I wiped off the previous letters I wrote and dipped a claw in the berry made ink -she did all the talking... I simply listened, a mentor needs to speak out loud to train an apprentice.-

"Blackheart!" I herd Tigerfang call from the fern entrance. To reply i scribbled a note onto my slab and held it up to Riversong to read out loud.

"Yes Tigerfang?" she meowed

"Amberstar asked me to mentor Foxpaw until Windclan changes back to Starclans side, is that okay with you?"

-yes.- I wrote

"Thanks I know how close you two are so I wanted you to know! The cerimony is at sun high, see you then!"

I glanced at my sister with a look that said 'told ya so', she just looked at the ground ears hot with embarrassment. Just then a scent hit my nose, it was Riverclan and Shadowclan but each scent seamed different then the original clan scents as thought they were combining to a new smell. 

I walked into the clearing with Riversong flanking my side just as the two cats came in through the camp entrance.

"Snowfire," Riversong greeted with a semi friendly voice, "Why have you come to our camp, same to you..."

"I am Pinefall here not by the will to fight but by the will of Starclan." the Shadowclan tom replied

"We wish to speak to You and Amberstar, Privately." the white she-cat meowed "This is an important matter and we need to discuss it privately."

Riversong held the she-cats gaze for a moment before glancing at me then returning her eyes to Snowfire. 

"I see..." she murmured then looked at me again 

'What do you want from me?! Just go with them and speak!' I hissed in my thoughts. She seamed to understand from the look in my eyes when I thought it.

"Come with me." she mewed flicking her tail towards Amberstars den.

Only when the three cats tails dissapeared in the den did I return to my nest, after the battle Amberstar aloud me to return to the warriors den. 

The den was quiet now for many of the warriors had left to patrol the Windclan and Shadowclan borders, the only cats left were Leafstorm and I. Luckily he was fast asleep, so I was able to easily let my mind fade to the forest that Splashstar roamed.

"Blackheart?" a tom gasped from in-front of me. 

"Tigerfang!" I replied " what are you doing here?"

"A Starclan cat often speaks to me here."

"Who?" before he could reply a shadow from the edge of my vision began to slip into the clearing.

"Me." said the shadow who was now glimmering in the moonlit clearings light.

"Splashstar?" I gasped "But I thought you were a fox!"

"As I said before, I hold many forms, this is my last from i held as a warrior, as the leader of Windclan."

"You know this Starclan warrior?!" Tigerfang exclaimed, his green eyes burning my pelt.

"She has been leading me for a long time now... Since... I was attacked..."

"Tigerfang," Splashstar interrupted "Horrible times are ahead and five will be there to save us. You are one of the five. Blackheart has experience what may come of many others if the five cannot restore balance. She will help you find what is to come, for your path is led by thunder and hers by the darkness of the shadows cast by clouds that carry your thunder."  

Her pelt then began to rise with fear before she finished " the danger is near! You must leave to your world before it finds you first!"

The smells from the warriors den woke me from my dream just as Tigerfang stumbled in to the den. "Blackheart! Is it true? Did you also experience that dream?"

I nodded to him.

"Why me? Why am I one of the five? Why not Riversong or you or..." Before he could go on I rested my tail over his mouth before he could ramble on, this war was not going to be won if the warrior meant to fight did not see why he needed to do this. 

'You are not alone, I am here, and there are four others who hold the same fate.' I knew he could not hear my word but he seamed to feel what I felt simply from the air's new calm feeling.

"All old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath high-rock." Amberstar's voice sounded from the clearing.

As Tigerfang an I settled near the base of high-rock we intertwined our tails, just to show comfort each other even in the face of the danger that now loomed over us.