Chapter Three: Riversong

~"The apprentices name is Foxpaw, you must help her, she is going through hard times for her father is very ill and she has nearly lost the will to live."

'And what am I to do? This apprentice, she's not from Thunderclan is she?'

"No she is not, she does not know you in the waking world, she must think you are a Starclan warrior. You must tell her your story, how your life is hard and how it all happened, and do not tell her any names!"~

I woke with a start was this a message from Starclan? Or was it but a dream? I looked at Blackheart who was sleeping soundly. But why couldn't I see them and why were they not talking directly to me?  

I needed to speak with them! Luckily tonight is half-moon but, who would take care of Blackheart? She seemed well enough to not need treatment for the night but... I just couldn't abandon her. I could tell her... It's not like she can't hear right?still I would have to leave soon and I didn't want to wake her... I looked at her again this time her eyes were open, I could tell her now,

"Blackheart, I need to go to mother-mouth to night, it's half moon." she nodded and mouthed something that I wish I could of herd but I still got the message.

 ____

"Riversong." greeted Echowhisper as she bowed her head " I hope your clan is doing well."

I looked kindly at the Windclan medicine-cat and replied "Very well, though one of our young warriors is well..."

"What?"

"She seems to be missing her voice, not that she is unable to battle or Anything, and she seems to be healing quickly it's just she's completely unable to speak."

"I see, I'm afraid I don't know any cure for that but I hope she does one day get her voice back."

"As does her clan."

"Greetings!" Yowled the elderly Riverclan medicine-cat as he made his way toward the four trees were we waited,

" Greetings Feathersplash, how is Riverclan?" I yowled back to him

"Very well! The fish do seem to be getting more mouse brained as time goes on, soon we might as well say 'fish brained'" Echowhisper and I exchanged a glance before Echowhisper said to him

"Where is your apprentice?"

"He will be along soon! He just needed to pick some herbs before he comes."

"Oh! There he is now!" I said as I saw the silvery-blue tom running toward us.

"Sorry I'm late again!!" he yowled.

"It's fine I replied as he stopped and sat beside he's mentor.

"we still need to wait for Shadowclan..."

"if Darkwisker does not come soon we will have to leave without her."

We waited for what seemed like moons, when Echowhisper said " we are wasting moonlight, if she comes she must walk alone and meet us there, if we come with moments to spar we can wait but first we need to get there." we all nodded in agreement and began the walk to high-stones.

We were nearly to the barn at the edge of Windclan territory when Darkwisker finally caught up to us

"What took you so long?" I asked her

"Not good news," she panted I saw a slight flicker of movement be hind her. I focused in on it and saw it was Feintscar, there was only one reason the Shadowclan deputy was with his medicine cat.

"I'm so sorry..." I said "Ravenstar was a grand leader."

"He was...."

Was that a hint of fear in the Shadowclan cats eyes when he said that? "we must go in now." I said turning to the entrance to mother mouth, soon I hoped, I would have the answers to my strange dreams and to who removed Blackhearts voice."

The cold ground felt wet under my paws, though it felt comforting knowing that I was so close to Starclan.

The darkness was overwhelming. I could hardly see past my own whiskers when then, I could see two eyes peering at me from somewhere in the distance, the eyes were golden and seemed to be getting closer to me. Until I could see who it was, her starry pelt was blue-gray and she had one orange spot over her right eye, her left paw was as well. 

"Welcome Riversong, we have been awaiting your visit."

"I have been waiting to meet you as well, you know my name yet, I do not know yours, what is it?"

"My name is, Splashstar, I was leader of Windclan long ago.."

"Why do you speak to me then? Why not Echowisper?"

"Windclan needs help, Echowhisper has some how become out of range with Starclan, we believe it has to do with the dark forest they are becoming stronger the longer they exist now they have learned to take over body's that allow them in. 'Only the darkness of thunder and with the swiftness of the river can save the howling wind'..."

She then began to fade away as the darkness surrounded me once more and I could feel the cold ground beneath my paws.