marinette's rebellion

Start from the beginning

"That explains why it's so quiet around here?"

"I'm glad those bitches left."

Through the throng of students, a downcast marinette walked in the halls one Friday morning. She was underdressed, finally out of the leathery, distressed/tattered blacks she donned a few weeks ago, and now back into being in uniform like the rest of the students.

Everyone around marinette whispered as she walked past then, trying her best to try to evade the stares she was given.

"Marinette."

The aforementioned blunette slightly jumped up as the familiar-sounding voice pulled her away from her thoughts-where she later turned around to whoever spoke out to her.

It was a somewhat downcast alya before her, who's lowered hazel eyes looked to the side-almost as if she couldn't particularly bear looking up at her.

"How..how're things going?"

"Fine." the blunette later answered for her bluntly. "My condolences."

She turned around from her as she proceeded to leave it at that, where alya immediately resolved to stop her.

"Wait," She called out.

The almost pleading edge her voice maintained somewhat urged mari to turn around, which she did. Alya looked almost slightly chastened as she looked at her.

"I-" the girl tried to speak. "I'm...i'm sorry. For everything."

Marinette's head slightly rose, as she unanimously turned around to face her.

"About slapping you, ripping apart your sketchbook, insulting you....everything." she proceeded to elaborate every detail of her wrongdoing further, where marinette's eyes gradually grew cold as every mentioning of what the class did to harm her on lila's behalf ran through her head all at once.

"Ever since lila died...and i just realised that she actually lied about some things....i've been doing some thinking...a lot of it, and I feel really bad about some of the stuff I did to you for lila's sake. And from what I've heard, so has everyone else."

Marinette's hard, impassive stare still didn't particularly budge in the slightest at alya's vocal guilt.

"Okay."

"But..." alya spoke. "But...maybe if you didn't act the way you did towards lila-"

Marinette's head rose, eyebrows slowly furrowing at that.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked almost immediately.

Alya looked to the side, almost as if she wanted to stay pragmatic about her brief explanation. "I don't think it would've killed you to actually give lila a chance."

"How could i?" the blunette countered. "I told you and everyone else from the beginning that I didn't trust her, and instead of taking my word for it no matter how many times I've told you you didn't want to listen."

'How could i've listen if you weren't such a jealous harpy over lila? It's obviously not her fault that you're always obsessed over her!"

"Me?! So I'm the jealous harpy?! I'm the one who should be condemned as such when all i tried to do was protect the people who made my life worth living?!" the blunette snapped, "In case you haven't noticed, you were the one who just left me behind for someone you barely even knew! You and everyone else left me, kicked me around when I'm already down at my lowest point as is, and just dumped me in my own time of need for her! And you have the nerve to tell me to my fucking face that I was being a jealous harpy?!"