Chapter Thirty One - Found

I walked over to the window, watching the rain continue to pour down, and sighed. I would have been gone a few hours ago, after I had eaten something and changed clothes. Well, at least my shirt and jeans. The jacket, gloves, and boots I left on at all times. Maybe it was good that I was stuck here for a while. I had seen a small store a few blocks away, and I needed to stock up on food and other essentials. I looked out the window again. Maybe I should see if they have umbrellas as well....
        When the rain turned into a momentary drizzle, I made a mad dash out of the house and towards the store, only keeping my money on me for now. The store was only two block away, and I had been right. It was small, but had everything I would need. I walked through the front doors, and quickly noticed that their were no cameras around. They probably couldn't afford them, or maybe they didn't need them. The elderly man at the counter looked up when he heard the little jingle of the bell on top of the door, and he smiled kindly at me. I smiled back, but quickly walked away, heading for the canned food that I had seen out of the corner of my eye.
        I grab a plastic basket and quickly fill it with a few cans and some food I know will last for a few days in the bags they are in. I also remembered to grab some more toilet paper at the last minuet. There was no way that I was forgetting that again. I shiver at the memory. Never. Again.
        I walk up to the counter, and the man starts to ring up my basket. He looks up at me and chuckles. "A little wet out there, is it?" I offer him a kind smile back.
        "Just a bit." He nods, and continues ringing up items. He looks back up at me.
        "You from outa town? I don't think I've seen you before." I quickly spit out an excuse.
        "I'm staying with a friend for a few days, and she asked me to come get this stuff for her." He nods and rings up the last thing, putting it carefully into a bag.
        "$41.67." He says, and I give him fifty and leave before he can make change. I sprint back to the house, and I walk back in the back door, making sure that nobody is watching. I set the bags by the doorway and look up.
        Instantly, I realize that something is wrong. Things have been moved, dust has been swept away in spots and piled higher in others, and there is a light coming from the living room. I would have left right then and there, except.... My bag was in that room. It had all my clothes and other things I needed.
        I slowly and quietly creep towards the door, and I glance inside. There is a flashlight sitting strait up on the table, and the light is cast around the entire room. Stuff has been moved around in here too, but has all been put back into their original positions. My bag is behind a tall chair that has it's back to me. I don't see anyone, but I keep quiet, cautiously moving into the room. My bag is about halfway through the room, a little to the left of the chair beside the fireplace. I lean down and grab the strap of my backpack, and slowly lift it off the floor.
        "I've been expecting you." A deep voice says, and somebody gets out of the chair. I yelp and jump back in surprise. The person turns around and I can see their face in the dim light. "Hey kid!" Tony exclaims. He is about to say something else, but nothing comes out. He is staring at my hair. And my outfit. It gives me enough time to scramble to my feet and to put my back pack on.
        "Um...Hey Tony." I say as I start to slowly back up.
        "Your hair... It-It's Green!" He exclaims. I nod slowly, still backing up. I'm a few feet away from the door.
        "Yep. That it is." I say. "But we can talk about it later. Right now... well, Bye Tony!" I yell the last part, turn around, and run face first into someone. I stumble a step back and look up to see Steve. No... wait. This wasn't Steve. Who ever this was could be a nearly identical copy, but this wasn't Steve. This guy was a lot less muscular, had a buzz cut, and was wearing a smug, cocky expression that Steve would never wear. "Excuse me. I'm leaving." I say, and I try to dart around him. He grabs ahold o my arm, stopping me in my tracks.
        "Nope. You need to come with us, kid." He says, an annoying self-satisfied smirk on his face. Now, it really annoyed me when Tony called me kid, so when this Steve look-alike that I didn't know called me kid, I realized that I wouldn't feel bad at all knocking him out.
        I kick him in the leg, causing him to let out a huff of air in surprise and let go of my arm. I do a roundhouse kick into his chest, making him fall backwards. I run up and punch him across the face, and his head snaps back and hits a small dusty table that was next to the couch. He slumps onto the floor, unconscious. I turn and see Tony staring at me with wide eyes.
        "Sophie, stop. You need to come with us. I know that you don't want to so you can keep us safe or something, but come home." He walks forward as he says this and lays a hand on my shoulder. I give him a warning glare.
        "Tony, Let me leave. It will be better for all of us." I say in a low voice.
        "I can't do that Sophie." He says, shaking his head.
        "Then I'm sorry about this." I say. He gives me a confused look, and I knee him where the sun doesn't shine. His eyes widen in shock and pan, and he falls to the ground with a groan. I turn around to see Bruce in the doorway, his hands raised in the air as if to say he surrenders.
        "I can't fight you Sophie." He says, eyes filled with concern.
        "Then you need to move."
        "I can't do that either." He says, and I hate myself for what I'm about to do. I sigh and walk up to him slowly, hanging my head. He looks a little shocked that I gave in so easily. I get up to him and look him in the eye, and I see realization come across his face as he realizes that I'm not giving in. "Sophie, wait-"
        "Sorry." I say, cutting him off. Before he can react, I reach up and squeeze a pressure point. He slumps to the floor, knocked out as well. I stepped over him, and when I was in the hallway I looked back. I was leaving two people unconscious, and Tony groaning in pain. I felt bad about what I had just done to Tony and Bruce. Still didn't know who the other guy was though.
        I quickly walked down the hallway and knelt by the door, putting the things I had gotten from the store in my bag as fast as I could. I looked back don the hallway, making sure that I had grabbed everything. I zipped up my bag and swung it over my shoulders. It was sill raining, but I didn't have any choice about leaving. I slipped out the door and shut it behind me. I turned around, ready to sprint across the yard, and came face to face with Loki. He was inches n front of me, and his hands quickly came up to hold my head.
        "I'm sorry about this, love." He says, and I look up confused.
        "About what?" I ask, ready to jerk out of his grasp and slip away. He gives me a sad half smile.
        "Sleep." He whispers, and a cool feeling spreads from his hands. My eyelids droop, and my knees give out. He catches me, and the next  thing I know is that he is carrying me bridal style back into the house. His strong arms hold me, and he carries me back to the living room and lays me on the couch. I hear is Tony say,
        "Thank goodness you got her. Nat would murder me if we let her get away again."
         The last thing I hear is Loki's chuckle, and I'm asleep.