Chapter Fifteen - The Battle Part One

Wind rushes through my hair as I fall through the air, tumble past the many floors of the Tower. I try to yell but the air is ripped from my lungs. Out of fear and adrenalin, my body ignites in flames. I grow hotter and hotter,  worse than ever before. I shut my eyes, waiting for my body to slam into the ground. After what feels like hours, I crack open one of my eyes. Okay....... I have not died. I seem to be floating in midair. I look down and I accidently flipped over in the air. now my feet were above my head. I looked upwards and I became straight up  again. I'm halfway between the balcony and the ground. "I'M NOT DEAD! WOO HOO!" I yell loudly.
        "Sophie? Are you alright?" I hear Tony ask. I look around.
        "Ummmm. Kind of."
        "What do you mean, kind of?" He asked, and I heard a beep. "Jarvis just did a scan of the tower, and you aren't inside. Where are you."
        "Well, i'm still technically at the tower if that is what you are asking." I pause. "I'm just not inside the tower." Suddenly, I hear a noise and look up just in time to see creatures flying out of the portal.
        "Right." I hear Tony say. "Army."  I see Tony start to shoot the aliens as they come out of the portal, but a bunch slip past. As they come past me, I start to throw shots of flames at them, catching them on fire and sending them down to the ground. They start to come faster and I get an idea.
        "Tony, you're still up top of the tower, right?" I ask as I throw the fire balls.
        "Yep." I hear his strained voice say.
        "Good." I say. A group of the aliens gather around me and I smirk before letting out a loud shriek. The windows near me shatter and the aliens instantly fall. "Well that works." I say with a laugh.
        "What did you do?!" I hear Tony exclaim.
        "Alien dudes dont do well with my shrieks." I say. After a pause I add, "Sorry about your windows."
        "What! Those are shatter-proof and bullet proof."
        "Well they aren't siren proof, so this is technically your fault for not looking ahed." He lets out an agitated breath. A moment later, I hear something land on the balcony overhead. I look up to see Thor and Loki talking and yelling at each other. "Thor's here." I tell Tony. "He and Loki are fighting."
        "Sibling rivalry. It always seems to go a bit far." I let out a laugh and then a scream because a peice of the Stark sign was blasted off. A piece of sharp metal nicked my arm and sent me spinning through the air. "Sophie! What happened!?"
        "I'm fine. My arm got cut from the debris from your sign." I looked at my arm and saw that it was small, but deep. I tore the ripped sleve that was around it and wrapped it up. I let out another shriek in the middle because the aliens had noticed that I wasn't doing anything. As they fell, I heard Nat in my earpiece.
        "Stark, we're on your 3 headed northeast."
        "What did you stop for drive through?" Tony asks. "Swing up Park, I'm going to lay them out for you." I see the  jet and Tony through the gaps of the buildings.
        "When you are done with that, I could use a little help." I say into my earpiece. There are a couple groups that have me surrounded. I put a constant stream of fire in my hand and make it shoot in alldirections. The jet is above me and they aim their weapon at Loki. They can't get in a shot because he and Thor are to close. Suddenly, I see that Loki shot the plane, and it spins past me. "You guys alright?" I ask.
        "We're fine. Heading towards the tower." a second later I hear, "Stark. There is something on the outside of the tower. The Chitari are staying away from it." I frown.
        "Do you think they placed a bomb?" I heard Tony ask. "Never mind. Just shoot it down. I don't want to find out."
        "Got it." I hear Clint say. I yelp when, a second later, an arrow goes by my head, about a centemiter away. "I missed."
        "I'll get it." I hear Nat say. A shot nicks my ear and sends me spinning.
        "STOP SHOOTING IT'S ME!" I scream into the earpiece.
        "WHAT?!" I hear Nat say.
        "You are shooting at me, and I would really appreciate it if you would shoot the Chitari coming at you instead." I see the group of aliens that were coming at them fall.
        "Since when can you fly?" I hear Clint say when the group is dead.
        "Since Loki threw me out of the window." I say. "Steve, could you help me for a minuet?" I ask.
        "What do you need?" He asks.
        "I'm going to try and come down slowly, but if that doesn't wory, I'm going to need you to catch me."
        "Alright." I hear Steve say. After a second I hear, "I'm under you, but you need to get down here fast."
        "I'll try." I start to decrease the flames around my body, and as they disapear I start to drop. Fast. I let out a yell when I drop until there is only a quarter of the building left.
        "You okay?" I here Steve  ask.
        "Fine, I just fell a little fast."
        "Give me a second before you try anymore. I'm surrounded." I look down, and I see a hoard of Chitari around Cap.
        "Cap, when I say, you need to cover your ears."
        "What?!" He exclaims.
        "Just do it!" He continues fighting for a few seconds. "NOW!" I yell into the earpiece. I see him clamp his hands over his ears, and I let out A shriek that causes most of the windows to crack, the ones around me instantly shatter, and the group surrounding Cap all fall within seconds.
        "Well that worked." I hear him say. I laugh. "You can continue coming down now." He says. I make the falmes on my arms and legs disapear. I yelp again when I hit Steve's arms. I jump to my feet and pat him on the arm.
        "Thanks." I say.
        "Your welcome. Now lets go." He says, and we sprint to where Nat and Clint are.

   "I-I don't see how that's a party." Nat says.
        "Really? Cause we could always paint "HAPPY ALIEN DOOMSDAY" In bright neon colors on his side." I say. Clint rolls his eyes and I hear Tony and Bruce both chuckle. The alien crashes into cars on the street, and Bruce starts to walk towards it.
        "Dr. Banner!" Steve says. "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."
        "That's my secret Cap," He says, and his eyes dart over to me. I smile at him. "I'm always angry." As he turns to face the beast, He transforms into the Hulk, and smashes the Alien into the ground. It starts to collapse towards us.
        "Hold on!" I hear Tony exclaim. He sends a charge into the creature. Cap shields himself and Natasha, Clint ducks behind a car, and Thor is far enough away that he misses the blast, only getting hit with a little shrapnel. I'm closest, and I get hit with the blast head on, getting knocked off my feet and receiving a bunch of tiny cuts. None of the larger pieces hit me. I get up, and I find myself standing in a huddle with the rest of the team. Hulk roars, and I smile.
        "You okay?" Clint asks.
        "Fine."
        "How are you not dead?" Tony asks me. I look at him and roll me eyes.
        "I'm fireproof. Kind of have to be since I'm able to burst into flames." I hold up a strand of my still burning hair.
        "Guys..." Nat says, and we all turn to the portal to see two more of the giant creatures arrive, along with about a hundred more foot soldiers.
        "Call it, Captain." Tony says.
        "Alright, listen up." Steve says. "Until we can close that portal up there, what we need is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you've got the perimeter. anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back, or you turn it to ash."
        "Give me a lift?" Clint asks Tony.
        "Right, better clench up Legolas." Tony says, and they take off.
        "Thor, you've got to try and bottleneck that portal, you've got the lightning, now light them up." Steve says. Thor nods, swings his hammer, and takes off. Steve looks at widow. "You and me. we stay here on the ground. keep the fighting here." Steve turns to Hulk. "And Hulk? Smash." The Hulk grins, and pushes off the ground, jumping up to a building.
        "What about me, Cap?" I ask. He turns towards me.
        "Sophie, the portal. I want you to get to Stark towers as fast as you can. Get up there and see what you can do." I nod. "If you get caught up along the way, fight until you are out of it. See if you can help some civilians as well." I nod again, and I burst into full flame mode.
        "You'll hear me shriek if I need help." I say, and I take off towards the Tower.