Chapter Forty One - They Have Her

Phil's POV- five minuets earlier ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        I walked into the lab that Fitz and Simmons were using, and wasn't suprised to find them so involved in their work that they didn't hear me come in. But I was suprised when I overheard what they were talking about. "But think about it, Jemma. Maybe Sophie could burn out any chemicals or... or medicines that get into her system. Or ink. She may be able to burn off a tattoo." Simmons purses her lips in concentration.
        "Does it run that deep though? We have no way of knowing if her fire is all apart of the surface of her skin. That might be all it is. It maay not affect her circulatory system, or any other system for that matter." She says. "All we know, is that she was able to burn the dye out of her hair. She didn't even notice that her hair was on fire, let alone was able to notice that it burned off the dye."
        "Oh, so shes blond again." I comment, scaring both of them. The relax when they see that it's just me.
        "You scared us! We didn't hear you come in." Simmons says. "And yes, to answer your question, she is blond again. We've been trying to figure out how far this could go. Is it limited to the surface of her body?"
        "Would you know anything about this, sir?" Fitz asks before Simmons can start rambling.
        "No, and you really shouldn't press on it. Especially with Sophie." I respond, turning serious. They both look at me, a little suprised at my sudden attitude change, but they have a good sense to drop the subject. We stand in an awkward silence for a moment before I remember what I originally came in here for. "Have you been figuring out the problem with the night night gun?" I ask. (I think that is what they called them. sorry if I'm wrong!)
        "I can't figure out the ounce problem Ward insists that we have-" Fitz starts to say with a scowl, but he is cut off. All three of us turn when we hear the door to the lab slam shut and hear the lock click. "What the...?" I hear Fitz start, but I go over and check the door. It's firmly sealed shut. No one was getting out of here.
        "Um, sir?" Simmons says in a panicked tone. I spin around, and both of them are staring up at the ceilig where, through the ventilation shaft, a white gas is pouring into the room.
        "Get away!" I yell out. We back up aginst the wall, and I scan the room for a different exit. It's too late though. As the room fills with the gas, I watch as Simmons, then Fitz drop to the floor. My legs collapse from underneath me, and the world goes black.

Skye's POV- starting at same time~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        Ward, May, and I all sit on one of the benches in the training room, taking a quick break from training. Well, I was taking a break. They were barely winded, while I was sitting there trying to catch my breath while drink as much water as I could. "How are you two not exauhsted?" I ask, leaning back against the wall. Ward chuckles, and I roll my eyes.
        "We've been doing this for years." He says. "Good stamina." May stands up, and walks over to the mini-fridge in the corner to grab another water bottle, when she suddenly stops and cocks her head, as if listening to something.
        "Ward, do you hear that?" She asks. I immediatly fall silent as Wrad walks over, careful not to make a sound. Then I hear it too.
        "It sounds like a hissing noise." I comment. Both May and Ward look at each other for a split second before striding towards the two different doors out of the training room.
        "Locked." May says after trying the handle for the door to the locker rooms.
        "Same here." Ward says after trying the door out to the hallway. I quickly get up.
        "Jarvis, why are the doors locked?" I ask the AI. No response. "Jarvis?" I ask again, a little more nervous.
        "Skye! Get back!" Ward yells. I flip around, and see a white gas starting to pour out of the ventilation shaft near the ceiling. Too quickly, it's pouring from all the air conditioning vents as well. Ward and May both back up into the center of the room where I'm at, since it has the least amount of gas. As the room quickly fills with the gass, my head becoms fuzzy, and my knees a little weak. Next to me, Ward drops to his knees before collapsing onto the floor. May soon follows suit. I drop, and the world goes black.