Chapter Twenty Five - He's Back

I whip around to see Nat with a gun trained on Loki. I'm a little startled at her response to him. I wouldn't have been so surprised if it had been Clint, but Nat? "Why is he here, Director?" She asked in a harsh voice, taking a few steps forward, making Loki take a step back. Clint looks a little surprised at her as well.

        "I don't know but I do intend to find out." He says, shooting a glare towards Thor. "For now, why don't we put the gun down. If anything happens you can have at shooting him. I don't really care, but we need to let Thor explain first." Thor looked down guiltily, and Nat gave Loki one more glare before lowering the gun. Clint put a hand on her shoulder, and she looked up at him, and seeing him must have helped.

        I notice Bruce and Tony look at each other before looking between me and Loki, a little worried. Well, Bruce looked a little worried. Tony just had on a smirk. Typical.

        We all slowly move to the chairs and couches and sit down, and Clint and I sit on either side of Nat to make sure she doesn't do anything. Loki and Thor sit by each other, and every once in a while, I feel him looking at me. "Explain." Fury ordered Thor.        

        "The Allfather thought that it would be a good idea to banish Loki here after seeing how it had affected me when I had been banished. He stripped Loki of his powers and was about to send him to a random spot, when I was able to convince him to let me bring Loki to you." Thor explained. Loki rolled his eyes at the end of it, probably annoyed that Thor was acting like a hero.

        'Exactly right darling. He always thinks the most of himself.'

        My head snaps up. Everyone turns to look at me except for Loki, who has on a smirk and is looking away. "Something wrong Sophie?" I hear Clint ask.

        "No... It's nothing." I say after a few seconds. "Thor, you said that he was stripped of his powers?" I ask. Thor nods.

        "Yes, but he will still have the strength and mind of an asguardian." He says. "Why?"

        "Just making sure." I answer. Thor nods again and turns back to his conversation with Fury and Tony. I look down and pick at my fingernails. I must be going crazy, hearing voices in my head.

        'You are not crazy, it's just me, love.'

        I tense, not jerking up like before. My gaze slowly goes up to meet Loki's, and I see him looking at me with a expression that says that he did nothing. I narrow my eyes at him, and he lets out a quiet chuckle. No one notices our silent exchange.

        'It seems that I have been found out. Now that you know that it is me, may I say that you look ravishing in that dress?'

        I gasp slightly and look down. I'm still in the dress I had on for the mission. The very revealing, ripped dress. My eyes widen and I stand up, causing everyone to look my way again. "I-I'm going to change. I need to get out of this dress. It's ripped and dirty and has a little blood on it.... I'll be right back." I say. I quickly scoop up the clothes that Clint had dropped earlier, and went down the hall and to the bathroom, half running when I was out of sight. I quickly changed into the jeans and t-shirt that had a TARDIS on it (Doctor Who!!!). I looked at the dress and saw that it had a lot of dirt and a little blood on it. It was never going to be in it's former glory.

        I walked back into the living room, dress scrunched up into a ball in one hand. I walked over to the garbage bin next to the elevator and threw the dress in. I turned away, about to walk over to the couch, but I got an idea. I turned back around and made a fireball in one hand, throwing it into the bin and lighting the dress on fire. I smirked and turned back around to see everyone looking at me really strangely. I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing, earning a few even stranger looks, which only made me laugh harder.