Chapter Nineteen - Surprises

I have been living at the tower for almost three months now, and everything was pretty quiet. Except for the occasional nightmares or explosions in the lab, It was a pretty quiet life. But with quietness came boredom, and I found myself exploring the tower. I would go to random floors, and go around opening doors just to see what was inside. There was a lot of guest rooms and offices, but then I started to find a lot of interesting rooms. A pool, Game room, theater area, etc. When I had found the theater, I dragged Bruce and Tony in to watch movies and eat candy and popcorn. It wasn't a normal theater either. It had large recliners and couches instead of the stiff movie seats. They had laughed, but came with me after me trying to actually drag them away. I could easily have gotten one of them, but not both. People are heavy!

        After that, I saw that it had distracted them from whatever they were working on, so I started to call movie nights on random days when I had thought that they had been working too much. At first, they always disagreed, saying that they need to work. I always ended up telling them to shut it and deal with it, and after a few times, they just agreed to it with a laugh.

        I did continue training in the gym at the tower, but there was only so much you could do. So I continued to search the tower for things to do, until I came to the music floor. It had several rooms with instruments in them, and several recording booths. Maybe Tony liked too hear himself talk a little too much. I laughed at that thought, and continued wandering until I found a mostly empty room. All it held was a grand piano, and several different guitars. I ran over to the piano and sat down, running my fingers over the familiar surface, smiling at the feel of the keys under my fingers. I looked at the door, which I now had my back too, and made sure nobody was there. I smiled down at the keys as one of my favorite songs came to my mind and I started to play, singing as I went.

        'There's an S under my clothes'
        'On my chest where nobody else can see'
        'I light up when the doors are closed'
        'I am free'
        'Yeah!'

        'And I wish I could make my move'
        'I can tell that you're really'
        'Into me'
        'And I don't got a thing to lose'
        'In my dreams'
        'In my dreams'

        'I'm a bad-a'
        'Jumping off the moving train'
        'I'm a Jane Bond'
        'Putting all them guys to shame'

        'I'm a wild card'
        'And I'm gonna steal your game'

        'You better'
        'Watch out'

        'I'm a fire starter'
        'Make your blood run faster'
        'I melt hearts like water'

        'I'm a fire starter'
        'I'm a sweet disaster'
        'I melt hearts like water'

        'I might look all'
        'innocent'
        'But the embers are burning'
        'Inside of me'

        'And I'm ready to take that step'
        'Can't you see'
        'Can't you see'

        'I'm a bad-a'
        'Jumping off the moving train'
        'I'm a Jane Bond'
        'Putting all them guys to shame'

        'I'm a wild card'
        'I'm about to take my aim'

        'You better'
        'Watch out'

        'I'm a fire starter'
        'I'm a sweet disaster'
        'I melt hearts like water'

        'I'm a fire starter'
        'I'm a sweet disaster'
        'I melt hearts like water'

        'I'm so high'
        'I'm burning up'

        'Kiss your lips'
        'I'm waking up'

        'There's nothing more'
        'To be afraid of!'

        'There's an S under my clothes'
        'On my chest where nobody else can see'

        'I'm a fire starter'
        'Make your blood run faster'
        'I melt hearts like water'

        'I'm a fire starter'
        'I'm a sweet disaster'
        'I melt hearts like water'

        'I'm a fire starter'

        I finish the melody on the piano, smiling at the familiarity of the song. "Since when can you play the piano?" I hear a familiar voice say behind me. I jump, startled, and end up falling off the bench.