Chapter Six - The Party

"What?!" I yelped, stopping in the middle of the hallway. 
        "Come along now, mortal." He said in a snide tone. "We don't want to be late." I frowned but started walking again, noticing Barton in full gear behind me.
        "Where is this party?" I asked. "I want to know. consider it an exchange for actually going to this thing." He looked over his shoulder and smirked again.  
        "You will know when we get there." I scowled as we loaded into a car and stared out the window, ignoring the utter silence in the car, and waited, thinking about how even though I was not particularly fond of SHIELD, I wouldn't mind them showing up right about now.

3rd person point of view on the helicarier

        "We have a hit! 69% match!" Fury looked to the next screen and brought up what was on the agents that had yelled out. "Wait, cross referencing! 72% Match!" He frowned at the live feed on his computer. "And one of the agents you mentioned is with him."
        "Cap." Fury said, making Steve look up and at him. "You're up." the Captain nodded and before he and Natasha left to get ready he said in a louder voice, "And bring back Sophie Crest as well."

Sophie's P.O.V.
(one hour later)

        "Wait here, and follow the crowd." Greeny commanded as he walked towards the side entrance to the balcony area. I was mixed in with the crowd and waited for him to do his thing..... whatever that was. After about five minuets, I saw him come down the giant staircase at the back of the hall and hit a guard with his stick, knocking him out and creating a commotion. Utter chaos erupted when he grabbed a man in a suit and flung him on the back of a decorative stone horse. I followed the crowd outside but stayed at the edge and towards the front, near a suddenly armor dressed Greeny. "Kneel." he said in a low voice. Nobody listened and he had them suddenly pinned in. He was on all sides. and there were now five of him. "I said," he paused and banged his stick on the ground, then shouted in an angry voice, "KNEEL!" Everyone got to their knees and had their head slightly bowed. He let out a breathy laugh and started to walk through the crowd. "Is this not simpler? Is this not your natural state?" he said, "It's the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation." He continued his speech and I looked around, not really caring about what he was saying. I noticed the copies of him flickered once in a while and wondered if he could feel it if you walked through them... Suddenly I saw he was speaking to an elderly man and I paid more attention while also slowly getting into a crouch, ready to jump up and get away.
        "Not to men like you." the old man said in a strong voice. Greeny laughed and said,
        "There are no men like me."
        "There are always men like you." the man said, still strong. I admired his bravery and hoped that he would get away.
        "Look to your elder, people," he said with a smug look on his face. "Let him be an example." he fired at him and out of nowhere, a man in an American flag costume jumped in front and hid them behind his shield, also decorated in the American flag theme. Captain America had arrived.
        "You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing."
        "The soldier." he chuckled, "The man out of time."
        "I'm not the one who's out of time." a jet appeared above him and a massive gun came out of the bottom.
        "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Greeny..... no, it turns out his name is Loki, Fired at the jet, which swerved and missed the blast, keeping the gun on him. Captain and Loki started to fight, so I got up and sat on a stone step, watching them fight. Loki had gotten him on his knees and had the end of his stick on the back of his head.
        "Kneel." he snarled.
        "Not today." I heard the Captain say as he pushed the stick off his head and roundhouse kicked Loki. I looked up as I heard AC/DC's song "Shoot to Thrill" start to come out of the jet and saw Iron man come out of the sky and shoot Loki with the blasters on his hands. Loki was thrown back and landed on the steps a foot away from me.
        "Make a move, Reindeer games." I heard a robotic voice say as ammo from the suit was trained on Loki. Loki slowly raised his hands and the armor disappeared. "Good move." I saw the ammo go back in the suit and I stood up and brushed dirt off my dress.
        "Mr. Stark." I heard Captain say.
        "Captain." I heard Stark say.
        "Well," I said, startling them both into looking at me. "Now that you guys finally decided to show up, I am assuming we can leave and lock him up? I am tiered of this dress." I looked down at it in disgust. "I hate dresses." Before either of them got a chance to answer I walked away, towards the jet that was opening its landing.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-
        I was standing behind Natasha's chair in the jet, thankful I was wearing flats instead of heels, otherwise I would have been in the chair across from Loki. Speaking of Loki..... "So your name is Loki?" I asked, interrupting the silence. Captain turned to me, surprised at my question.
        "You were his captive for two days and you didn't know that?" he asked, honestly curious at my question.
        "It didn't really come up so I just called him Greeny." I paused. "Finding out his name wasn't top priority." Captain nodded knowingly and after a moment I stuck out my hand. "My name is Sophie."
        "Steve Rogers." he said, shaking my hand. I turned to Tony Stark and stuck out my hand again. He shook it and the metal felt strange under my fingers and I quickly turned back to Natasha.
        "How long till we reach the base? I'm starving and I want to get out of this dress." She laughed.
        "About a half hour." She paused, "I missed you when you were working with Eric." she was one of my only friends at SHIELD.
        "I missed you too." she suddenly was looking out around the jet.
        "Where did this come from?" she wondered out loud, working the jet through the thunderclouds.
        "Scared of a little lightning?" I heard Steve ask Loki.
        "I'm not overly fond of what follows." he replied. Suddenly, something landed on the top of the jet, shaking it. I saw Stark open the hatch and saw a giant muscular blond man come inside, hit Stark with a large hammer, grab Loki, and fly out. Stark landed on me, making me crash to the ground and hit my head on the floor. I got up as I heard Natasha tell Steve, 
        "I'd sit this one out Cap."
        "I don't see how I can."
        "These guys come from legend, they are basically gods."
        "There is only one god ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." and on that note, he jumped out of the plane. I grabbed another parachute and started to latch it on.
        "You too?" I heard Nat ask. I grinned evilly.
        "There is no way I'm missing this." and I jumped out.