Chapter Twenty Six - The Mall

The elevator stopped on the floor of Bruce's lab, and I walked in to find him slouched over his desk, examining some papers. "Hey Bruce, Could you help me for a second?" I ask. He looks up at me, and I wave at him with the hand that has blood all over it before pressing it back on my head. His eyes widened and he jumped up, rushing over.

        "Sit down on the table over there, I'm going to go get the medical supplies from the other lab." He says before rushing out of the room. I hop up onto the table he pointed too, swing my legs back and forth and looking around the lab while I waited for him. He rushed back in and started taking things out and placing them next to me. He walks around to get a better look at my head. "You've kept pressure on it, which is good. Its bleeding a lot because its a pretty big cut, but it's shallow, which means that you don't need stitches." He says, starting to clean the cut.

        "Ow!" I yell when he puts on the disinfectant. "That stings! You could have warned me." I continue.

        "What happened?" He asks.

        "Clint and Tony decided to prank me. Tony had Jarvis call me to make pancakes for breakfast, and when he didn't come banging on the door, I got suspicious, so I went into the hall. Clint jumped out at me, and I stumbled backwards, and I fell and hit my head on the table." I explain. Bruce chuckles, and I look at him, glaring playfully. "It's not funny." I say, and he laughs again before somehow putting a bandage on my head.

        "You're good to go." He says, and I jump off the table.

        "Thanks! I'm going to go make pancakes now." I say, and Bruce raises an eyebrow.

        "Really? Even after they pranked you?" He asks, and I smile.

        "Who said that they were going to get any?" I reply. He chuckles and I add, "I'll have Jarvis call you when yours are ready." I say. "Consider it payment for fixing me up."

        "Thanks." He says, and I waltz out of the room and to the elevator. I make my way up to the kitchen and start to get out everything I need for the pancakes, and I'm rummaging around in the cupboard to get to a pan, when I hear something behind me. I act as if I didn't hear anything and get a good grip on the pan in my hand. I hear it again. Someone else is in the kitchen with me, and I don't know who. I suddenly flip around and throw the pan at the person.

        Loki catches the pan a few inches before it hits his face, and looks up at me, cocking an eyebrow questioningly. My eyes widen in surprise, and I rush over, taking the pan out of his hands. "You shouldn't scare me like that!" I exclaim, going back over to the stove and turning it on. When I turned back, he had a confused look on his face.

        "But you knew that I was here." He says.

        "I didn't know that it was you! Otherwise, do you think I would have thrown a frying pan at your head?" I ask, and he shrugs. I turn back to the counter and mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. I hear footsteps come up behind me, and I feel a could touch on the back of my head, right underneath the bandage

        "You were hurt." He says quietly. I turn back around and glare at him.

        "So what? Why do you care?" I ask, and he looks a little taken aback. I turn back and go to the stove, pouring the batter onto the piping hot pan.

        "It pains me to see you hurt." He says in a quiet voice, almost too low for me to hear. I snort and roll my eyes.

        " Uh huh. Right. Sure. Whatever. It's not like you've kidnapped me before or anything." I say sarcastically. He looks a little hurt, and I think about apologizing. I turn around, mouth open, ready to say something, when I see his back leaving the doorway.