Revenge (Part One)

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys! There are only two chapters left in this book. I'm sorry, but if I'm ever going to finish this story, now is the time to do it.

Enough from me, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

Skye POV:

My body ached as I slowly opened my eyes. Looking around didn't help. It was pitch black. Groaning, I stood up, carefully making sure nothing was broken. Perking my ears, I listened for anything that could possibly get me out of this room. Is that... barking? My tail began to wag, but I stopped it. Focus Skye, you're still trapped. Walking along the wall, I could hear distinct changes in the pitch. Hollow, maybe? Trying my luck, I pawed at one of the panels. It is hollow! I started kicking at it with my hind legs, hoping that, somehow, my small body could open it. After a few more tries, I collapsed to the ground, exhausted. My ears perked as I heard a different sound. Walking? I looked back toward the panel. The sound grew louder and louder. My heart was pounding. I guess this is how it ends, I thought, a tear rolling down my cheek. I shut my eyes, letting the darkness take me as the panel flew open. Whimpering, I curled up into a ball. "Please, don't hurt me." I pleaded with the intruder. 

"Skye?!" My ears perked once again as I recognized the voice. 

"Chase?"

Rubble POV:

Coughing, I slowly got up. "Wh-" I stopped myself. Don't talk. Don't talk. They might hear you. Gulping, I tried looking around. My eyes began adjusting to the dark room. I saw everyone completely passed out on the ground. Sniffing the air, I picked up a strange scent. It didn't smell good either. Suddenly, I heard a groan. Turning, I saw Chase getting up. "Chase? Are you alright?" I whispered to him. 

"Poi-" Chase coughed. "Poison. There's p-poison in the a-air. We h-h-have to get out of h-h-here." Chase said, coughing intermittently. 

"I thought the air smelled weird. But, why is it only affecting you?" I asked. I don't feel any different, I think. Chase just shook his head. He looked extremely weak. 

"There's no one outside, they left. Rubble, open a panel to let some air in he-" He went into another coughing fit before collapsing. Rushing over to the panel, I kicked it open. Sure enough, the room was empty and the door was closed. One by one, the pups and, eventually, Ryder, woke up. Chase was still coughing, so Ryder put his hoodie over his muzzle like a mask. "Thanks, Ryder. Now let's go find Skye and get the heck out of here!" 

We formed a line and walked with a buddy system, in case anything went wrong. Chase with Zuma, Me with Rocky, and Ryder with Marshall. We made sure not to make too much noise since it was a ventilation shaft. 

*hours later*

"Zuma," I groaned. My paws were killing me. "Are we there yet?"

Zuma then groaned and replied, "Since Chase has the best nose, he's our only chance of finding Skye. Only then can I lead us out of here." He looked over to Chase who was constantly whining and changing directions. "At least I hope so." Chase stopped and growled at Zuma. 

"We ARE going to find her. I just... I... I keep losing her scent. It's been so long." His ears drooped. 

Marshall then rushed over, tripping over his own paws making him flip over everyone and land next to Chase. "Don't worry, we'll find her. I think you need another nose up here." We looked over to Rocky. 

He tilted his head in confusion. "What?"

"You're mixed, right?" Marshall said.

"Well, yeah. Why?" Rocky asked. 

"Get your butt up here!" Zuma yelled.

"Yeah, you probably have a good nose!" Marshall said. Ryder and I both agreed. 

"I don't even know what I am! How could I have a good-" He paused as his ears perked. "Chase, do you hear that?"

Now it was Chase's turn to look confused. "Hear what, Rocky?" Chased moved his ears around frantically. We all did, except Ryder, him being human. Rocky started sniffing around the tunnel, ears moving in different directions. 

"Chase, Marshall, what do you guys smell over here?" Rocky asked. They trotted over, both taking their time. Marshall suddenly jumped. 

"Ashes?" Chase nodded. "But what does that have to do with anything?"

"I thought it was Skye. Guess my nose isn't great, but..." Walking over to a panel, he placed one of his ears on it. "I can hear what sounds like a dog breathing in here." We all rushed over as Chase investigated.

"Her scent, or at least what's left of it, seems to be stronger here." Rocky decided to listen some more, just to be safe. Suddenly, the tunnel shook as the panel made a thunderous sound, sending Rocky running back to Ryder and making us all yelp. Chase sniffed again. "It's Skye!" He ran towards the panel. 

"Wait, Chase! Don't-" Too late, I thought. I watched Chase run full speed into the panel, headfirst. It broke open, but it sent him flying back into us. 

Chase groaned, but quickly recovered and ran out of the new hole in the wall. "Skye?!"

Ryder POV:

My dog is officially love crazed, I thought as I watched him run head first at the wall. It broke open, but still flung him back far enough to knock us all over. He ran out of the hole and started barking for Skye. We didn't know what to expect, until we heard her voice. 

"Chase?" As soon as I heard her, I ran forward, the rest of the pups behind me. Chase was licking Skye and barking happily, as was Skye. It was such a cute sight. All the dogs barked and howled, making them blush. I slowly picked Skye up and examined here. 

"Nothing too bad, just some bruising. But, as soon as we get out of here, you're all going to the vet for a checkup." 

"Awwwww, please, Ryder, no!" All the pups started whining. I shook my head. 

"If you're gonna be my pups, you'll have to do as I say." Chase howled excitedly as he caught on to what I was saying. It took the other pups a few seconds to register, but when it did, I ended up on the ground, being licked to death. 

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

I gasped and sat straight up. The lights came on as the clapping continued. As my eyes adjusted, I noticed a dark figure sitting in the middle of the bright white room.

"Congratulations, Ryder & pups. You've fallen for my trap." He turned, and we all gasped. 

"Mayor Humdinger?!" I yelled.

"Yes, it is I, the Mayor of Foggybottom. I've been watching you the entire time. You all will need more training. You'll never stand a chance at war."

"War? What you mean 'war'? I thought you wanted us to be spies?"  I asked.

"All you need to know is that you are going to become my elite group of soldiers and you are going to help me takeover Adventure Bay. Together, we shall create 'Foggybottom Bay'! Hahahahaha!"

"Y-you can't do that! I'm just a kid, and these are just little pups!" I pleaded with him.

"I'm sorry, but it's that, or death." The room fell silent. "What's it going to be, Ryder?"

CHOICES: (no longer valid)

A) Ryder agrees. What choice does he have? There's no way he and the pups can possibly escape from this.

B) Ryder agrees, but he's not giving up entirely. Does he have a plan?

C) Ryder disagrees and tries to fight his way out with the pups. 

Leave a comment with your choice!