I'm Coming Home...

Chase POV:

The next morning...

"Chase! Where have you been?! I've been so worried about you!" Ryder says, hugging me. I whimper and bark softly in his ear. It feels so good to be in his arms. Suddenly, Ryder turned into the dog catcher.

"Ryder?" I yell.

 "Good night, pup." He sticks a needle into my paw.

"NOOOO!"

Darkness...

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" I scream, jumping up and hitting my head on the cage wall. It was just a dream. It was all a dream. Ryder... I start whimpering, and Marshall wakes up.

"Oh no, I forgot. I'm so sorry Chase." he said. He came over and hugged me, whimpering as well. Today was the day I was going to be put down. Ryder wasn't coming to get me. He' s forgotten all about me. I whimper more at the thought.

 "I have a plan," Skye says. My ears perk up.

"What's your plan?" I ask, curious.

"We're busting out of here." She does a back-flip and breaks the cage lock. She doesn't stick the landing. "Oof!"

"Skye!" The pups all stare at me in confusion. My ears went down in embarrassment. "I mean, are you alright?" Why do I get so nervous around her?

"I'm fine, wake up the others and lets get out of here!" she says. Marshall gets Rubble, Zuma and Rocky and we sneak out of the cage. Just when we thought we were in the clear, an alarm goes off.

"RUN!" I yell. We all run to the back door. All the dogs in the shelter were cheering us on as we try to make our escape. Skye gets on my back and jumps for the handle, unlocking the door. We run out into the darkness. It's earlier than I thought.

The pups stare at me in confusion.

"Uhh... thanks for helping me get out pups, but I have an owner to get back to. Bye!" I turn to leave, but Rocky jumps in front of me, whimpering.

"Wait! What about us? We've never had an owner or even a home to live in. What are we supposed to do?" Rocky asks. They all stare at me with puppy dog eyes. I don't want to leave them, but I don't know if Ryder can handle all six of us. 

"You can follow me home, I'll ask Ryder..." The sentence stops in my mouth. I can talk to Ryder. I can actually talk to Ryder. That won't be awkward at all... "Let's just go!" We start running down the street, me sniffing the air and ground, trying to smell anything familiar that will get me- er, us, home.

I'm coming home, Ryder. I'm coming home.