ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

«A New Beginning»

"I bet you that I could shoot your bow right now and get a good shot on one of those walkers outside," Chloe challenged as she strapped the heavy pack on her back.

"Whatever," Daryl shook his head while he finished filling up his bag. "I bet 'ya can't."

"Is that a challenge?" she raised an eyebrow, approaching him. "Well, it's on. Hand me your bow."

"I'm gonna win this bet, ya know that, right?" Daryl said meeting Chloe with far more challenge than she had in her.

"If I get a shot on the walker, you help Arat and Justin with all the farming stuff," Chloe said.

"And if I win, and I know I will, 'ya have to take my night watch," Daryl fired back.

"Deal," she said with a smile.

Daryl and Chloe exited the small grocery store, having loaded up their bags with all the farming items required back at The Sanctuary. They stowed the supplies into the motorcycle before Daryl decided to pass his bow to Chloe.

Chloe's eyes scanned her surroundings as she searched for a walker to be her shooting target. Observing one moving around the side of the building, she attempted to cock the stirrup. However, the setting that Daryl had it on was too weighted, and she struggled to pull it back with ease.

"Daryl, this is unfair. I can't even pull it back."

"That's losing fair and square," Daryl shrugged. "Can't pull back the bolt, ain't my fault."

"Daryl," Chloe glared at him which made him sigh in defeat.

"The stakes are goin' up 'cause of this..." he grumbled as he yanked the bow out of her hands before adjusting the weight so she could pull it back with ease. "Ya gotta do whatever I say for the next week now, too."

It was Chloe's turn this time to let out a defeated sigh before nodding her head in agreement. "Okay."

"Okay?" he asked, handing her back the crossbow.

"Okay," she said more confidently as she lifted the crossbow up. Closing one eye to get better accuracy in shooting the walker, she drew back the stirrup before releasing the trigger once she was satisfied with the aim. To her surprise and Daryl's, it actually hit the target; right in the Walker's forehead.

"No fuckin' way," Daryl groaned out.

"Told you I'd be a natural," Chloe said with a wink before giving him a kiss on his cheek.

"Nah, that was cheatin'," Daryl grinned. "Ya had me lessen the weight."

"Nope, I won fair and square," she shook her head as she moved away from him. "We made a bet, and you lost. Now you have to do it."

"You're a pain in my ass sometimes, ya know that?" he said, pulling her back for a kiss, his lips brushing hers lightly, a tease but hot, fiery, passionate, and demanding. A Daryl kiss.

"Alright, alright, ya professional hunter," Daryl pulled away. "Go get that arrow outta its head, and we can get outta here."

"Can't wait to rest while you do all the farming," Chloe teased.

"You're such a couch potato," he laughed as Chloe picked up the arrow before setting it back into its rightful place. "Yer lucky I like 'ya."

"I am," she told him with a grin.