You're not a Failure

Start from the beginning

"I'm a failure." "Failure." He muttered on repeat.

His breaths became heavier and he sobbed louder causing Shrey to tense up even more.

Shreyas wasn't really experienced on how to handle a sobbing friend so he let him sob it all out.

They sat there in a comfortable silence with Rishabh sobbing and Shreyas rubbling his back tenderly.

Rishabh seemed to register that who he was hugging wasn't his Mahi Bhai or his Virat bhaiya and backed away immediately.

"I-uh-urm, I'm sorry," he mumbled staring intently at his feet.

"Shush, no need for sorry bro. Tell me what happened," Shreyas replied softly pulling Rish closer to him.

His sight fell up on Rishabh's open tab.

The trolls.

"What good does media ever do?" Shreyas thought to himself sighing.

"Is it the trolls?" He blurted out, immediately regretting asking. Rish flinched ever so slightly.

"I'm a failure!" Rishabh cried out in despair.

"And which intelligent person told you that may I ask," Shreyas stated sarcastically.

Rishabh took a small glance towards his laptop screen.

"Don't believe them," Shreyas said on reflex. "They don't mean anything really."

He didn't say, but they affected him too.

"No shrey, they're right. I'm a big failure. I've never performed up to the standards I need to be doing," Rish said solemnly.

"But-" Shreyas started before Rish interrupted.

"2, 3, 8, 24, my last 4 scores Shrey. They have a point. 2 of those matches we lost," he said in a completely dejected tone still glaring holes through the ground.

"Rish look at me," Shreyas ordered sternly and surprisingly Rishabh obeyed.

"You're not a failure Rishu, you've just always been put under pressure situations. You're only 23, and you've handled so many certainly lost games single handedly. And as for your scores. Was 128 not out against SRH not your score?" Shreyas spoke out with determination and pride flowing through his eyes.

"Well..." Rish started

"Rish, it's not always your fault you're put into pressure situations. And this is only IPL. It doesn't mean anything, you've performed well for the national side and that's what matters."

"But, everyone online are saying that I shouldn't be playing." Rishabh replied half convinced.

"Right first things first, I'm never dropping you from the side as long as I can have my say in it and secondly we all believe in you. Me, Shikhi Bhai, Ash Bhai, Jinks Bhai, Prithvi, Virat Bhaiya, Mahi Bhai, the entire team believes in Rish. We'll always back you because you deserve it. You're one of a kind, special!" Shreyas declared, his heart flowing with emotions.

Rishabh, overwhelmed, pounced on to him muttering a simple "thank you" making Shrey smack him on the head.

"Owww!" Rish whined

"Then don't you dare say thank you," Shreyas warned playfully.

"Show those people who you are. Show them what you're capable of. Show them the Rishabh Pant they want. Your captain's demanding a fifty from you!" Shreyas chuckled.

Rishabh chuckled too, taking Shreyas in a bear hug. 

                            ******
10th November 2020

In a pressure situation where the team required a strong partnership after losing three early wickets, Rishabh walked in keeping hopes alive.

And he did what they asked for

His maiden IPL 50 in the season.

"Proud of you!" Shreyas muttered

                       *******
Happy Birthday Vaishh HarryPotterscientist ❤️❤️🥳🥳

Hope you liked this small gift from my side!  Sorry it's quite short
Loads of love and have the best year ahead ❤️

P.S. I couldn't think of any Mayank-Rishabh story plots so Shreyas-Rishabh would have to do 😂