ᴘᴀʀᴛ x: ᴠ

"Truth..."

When Jimin heard the news about Jungkook, he stormed into the hospital. He can't help it but to feel worried about his best friend. His co-worker and friend Yeonjun was the one who drove him to the hospital and he knew about everything, even about Jimin's love for the latter...

So when they asked the reception about his room, which the nurse gave them politely, Jimin rushed into it, wanting to see his best friend after a long time... He was about to grab the knob when the doctor attending Jungkook just came out of the room with an unreadable expression. He didn't look happy at all...

"Uhm, excuse me... Are you perhaps Dr. Kim?" Jimin looks at the man who look so young for his profession.

"Yes I'm Dr. Kim Namjoon, and you are?"

Jimin wipe his sweaty hands on his jeans, signalling that he's nervous. "I'm Park Jimin, Jeon's best friend..."

"Oh I see... So what can I do for you, Mr. Park? Is there anything you need?" The doctor looks at him with serious but friendly expression.

"Is my friend Jungkook alright? I know we're not blood related, but we grew up together and I treat him as if my own brother..." He explained. "So I am very curious and worried about him..."

Dr. Kim licked his lips as he was trying to find the right words for the two... He cannot give them the full details about the latter's condition, not until he receive the diagnosis... But he already has a feeling about Jungkook's condition, he just have to keep it for himself for now...

"I think we should talk once I get the result of his diagnosis... For now, you should keep his company, he must have been so exhausted about his work that he forgot to sleep and eat for days..." Dr. Kim finally gave them a small smile, but not reaching his eyes.

"Thank you doc..." Jimin and Yeonjun bowed.

"And Jimin...." Namjoon added. "I hope you have a broader understanding and a strong heart to accept once we know the result... I'm not saying that something is not right okay? But let's just say that in Science, anything is possible..." And with that, Dr. Kim left the two dumbfounded.

Jungkook woke up with a slight pain in his chest and headache... Maybe it's the aftermath of collapsing on the floor and it's his fault why he ended that way... He looks around to see that he's in the hospital bed and from the corner of his eye, he can see a small figure sleeping on the couch. It's no doubt that it is Jimin.

"I guess I made you worried again... I'm truly sorry Min... If only I take care of myself more, none of this would happen..." Jungkook sighs in disappointment. He cannot sleep anymore, so maybe waiting for the morning to come isn't bad. Or at least for him...