ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴠɪɪ: ᴏ

"Sacrifices..."

After that night, Jimin found himself drowning in his own work just to lessen the pain in his chest. Although him and Jungkook were working on the same team, he usually accept more work load and less day off just to avoid think of his best friend trying to date someone that he didn't know before...

And while succeeding to his plan of action, he didn't know that their friendship is drifting apart, most especially when the taller finally found his so-called love of his life... He became much more of a social person and less of a listener... Even though he approach Jimin every now and then, he already stopped making efforts for their friendship and more to his new relationship...

And that leads to more heartbreaking moments in Jimin's part... At least he has his beloved job to keep his company, and it work!

Cause as soon as they celebrated their one year in the institute, Jimin became a senior researcher and that leads him to work in the different part of the country...

So before he leaves to Busan in the next two days, the institute threw a huge farewell party for him which everyone including Jungkook should attend...

The latter went to their office earlier that day and sat beside him. "Hey Senior Researcher... How's your day?"

Jimin gave him a little smile and shrugs. "Well as you can see, I'm stuck with my papers... If only the new researcher is here, I would have teach him how to do these things..."

Jungkook laughs at him silently. "I'm gonna miss you Min... It may not look like I'm sad, but I really am... This is the first time in our entire friendship that we wouldn't be together, and I'm really scared that someone might bully you there and I'm not around..."

Jimin looked down and smiled sadly, eyes tearing up. "I-I'm a grown man, Kookie... I can take care of myself now even with those bullies since you taught me how to become brave..." He clasps his hands on his lap. "You told me that I shouldn't cry whenever someone tries to hurt me, and I will... I'm gonna be the best researcher in Busan just like what I promised to you before..."

Jungkook pulled him closer and embraced him tight. "You know that I'm one call away right? Whatever happens, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll leave everything behind just to get you there..."

Jimin nods and embraced him back. "I'll definitely call you if something happened to me or my work... Don't worry..."

Jungkook pulled away and cupped his best friend's cheeks and kissed his forehead. "Always remember that you're one of the most important person in my life, so don't you dare to hide anything from me..."

The smaller nods weakly as he stared at the latter's face, engraving it into his memory... Cause it might be the last time he can see the boy without a ring on his finger...

"You better take care of yourself too, Kookie... Don't let your girlfriend worry about you..." Jimin replied.

"No need to tell me Min... Cause I will never hurt her, not even a shed of tears in her eyes..."

The smaller only nods in agreement... He really lost Jungkook forever...