ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴠɪ: ғ

"Secrets..."

It's been three months since all graduated and Jimin and Jungkook were now working at The Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute in Yuseong, Daejeon. They are both researchers in the institute, which made Jimin spend more time with his best friend...

"How can you manage to stay happy even with this bunch of paper works? I'm confused." Jungkook frowns as he tried to read and re-read the new data regarding Messier 81 in the Ursa Major.

"Well for starter, I've been in love with stars and galaxies and possible life outside the Earth even when I was a child..." Jimin smiled while examining the newly collected photos of the said galaxy with its data on the computer screen. "I thought that maybe there's another Earth somewhere, and that there's another Jimin that is also living his life to the fullest..."

"And you really believe that? That there's a parallel universe somewhere outside the Milky way with Park Jimin on it?" Jungkook adjusted his reading glasses from his nose bridge. "You surely read a lot of fantasy books before..."

"But even if it's not possible, it's quite fascinating to think about a planet where there was two Jimin living on it! That even if one dies, there is still another Jimin that will change your life... And he is definitely as wonderful as me..." His eyes sparkled with happiness.

"Jiminie-Pabo..." Jungkook muttered under his breath as he continue working on his data.

Days quickly come and go, and both Jimin and Jungkookie who were working on their field wasn't even aware of the world outside their office... So when Taehyung asked them for a drink on a Friday night, both of them hesitated at first, but agreed nonetheless...

"Are you two living under the rock now that's why your phones are always out of reach?" Taehyung uttered while drinking his scotch whiskey.

"Well I'm sorry for that Tae, our jobs require so much time that we usually spend our days in the office... I don't even know what my bed looks like..." Jimin replied with an exasperated sigh. "The only thing that keeps us going is the amount of coffee we take everyday..."

"And trust me, you'll gonna die early if you continue doing that..." He groans.

"Jimin wouldn't die early, Hyung... This guy still believes that there is a parallel universe with another Jimin on it... So he will live a long life to prove that his theory is correct..." Jungkook laughs.

"If it is true, then don't crawl on me for an autograph, cause I wouldn't give you one..." He barks as the two boys laugh at him...

Later that evening, when the three of them were finally tipsy by the alcohol they took, Jungkook found himself staring at the girl from the other table, looking so beautiful with her pink dress... She looks a little shy whenever someone is trying to approach her, but when she look into the same direction as Jungkook, she can't help but to smile.

"I didn't know that there is someone out there looking sinfully stunning is trying to give signals to my boy..." Taehyung chugged his bottle of beer. "So why don't you do the honor of getting to know her? Who knows, she might be the one for you..."

"You do know that I can't date right? My work is already giving me a headache... I don't want to add more stress in my life..." He replied blankly.

"Just give it a try Kook... You may never know right? At least you try..."

"Maybe I need another drink..." And with that, Jungkook went to the bar to get another shot of vodka and joining his best friend who already stop drinking.

"You alright?" Jungkook asked as he sat beside him. "Do you wanna go home?"

"Oh no it's fine Kookie... I just hate drinking too much, most especially when we only have a day off... I wanted to enjoy it without having a severe hangover..." He replied while smiling. "Is there something wrong? You seems torn between something... Mind telling me?"

Jungkook smiled as he held the shot glass gently. "It's quite stupid actually... It's nothing serious..."

"If it is something stupid, then I wanna know even more..." The smaller put his phone back on his pocket and looked at him.

"Err... Well... I..." He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Go ahead... You know I wouldn't judge you with anything right?" Jimin patted his head.

"I'm just thinking whether I should try dating even with our hectic schedule... You know, I wanted to try to fall in love, and as much as I wanted to brush the idea off my head, I think I wanted to try finding someone to be with... Was it bad?" He bit his quivering lip.

For the first time in their 7 years friendship, Jimin heard his heart shattered. He isn't clueless about his feelings for Jungkook anymore... And to be fair, he wasn't even trying to fight it off like what he did before, most especially with all the things he did just to protect him in their college...
So when the latter told him about his plan to find someone for himself, he knew that his love is a lost case... That Park Jimin will never have his best friend Jeon Jungkook in his life... And he shouldn't stand in his way to find happiness...
Because whatever happens, he should stay by his side...
Even if it means that his heart will surely be broken...

"No it's not bad, Kookie... I think, you're ready to find someone for yourself..."