𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Cynthia sat in the driver's seat of her car with Paige next to her in the passenger seat. Music was playing as the both sat in silence waiting for the light to turn green.

"Paige, do you like Amelie?" Cynthia asked making Paige look up from her phone with a curious expression.

"Yeah, she's really nice, caring, and most importantly smart. What's not to like?" Paige said.

"That's what I mean. Amelie is amazing. She...She's perfect and I don't think I'm good enough for her." Cynthia said.

"Cynthia, Amelie likes you." Paige stated. "You guys are doing great. I know where your mind is going so I'm going to stop it right now. You aren't bad for her. Believe me. If you were, she'd drop you." Paige said laughing a little.

"I just don't wanna hurt her." Cynthia said softly.

⠉⠉⠉⠉

Cynthia laid in her bed in the dark. The only source of light was from her tv, which she wasn't even really paying attention to. She was occupied by thoughts of her and Amelie. Which she would have enjoyed if those said thoughts weren't against her. A knock on her door broke her out of her trance.

"Come in!" She called out to whoever was on the other side.

"Hey, sweetie." Heidi smiled walking in.

"Hey, mom." Cynthia said sending her mom a weak smile.

"Are you okay?" The older woman asked sitting down by Cynthia's legs. "You seemed a little sad when you came home which is kind of concerning considering you were with Paige and you're always in a good mood with her." She pointed out. "Did you two get in a fight?" Cynthia was never really close with her parents or siblings for that matter. Sure when she was younger and depended on her mom for every little thing, they were super close, but as she got older she drifted away. It wasn't because she didn't like her mom, it's just she didn't like being close with anyone besides Paige, but in that moment she need to talk to her mom.

"No, Paige and I are fine." Cynthia shook her head. "Can I ask you a question about relationships?"

"Of course. You can talk to me about anything." Her mom said with a kind smile. She was happy Cynthia was finally talking to her about her personal life. That's all she could wish for as her mother.

"When you're in a relationship with someone, or starting one, is it normal to feel like you aren't enough for them? Like this person is so amazing. Everything you could ask for and they deserve the world, but you're not it." Cynthia said trying to explain what she was feeling.

"Well, it's normal to like someone a lot when you're beginning a relationship, but you can't think too highly of them. You have to remember that everybody has flaws." Heidi said. Cynthia nodded and stared off at her wall.

"Thanks, mom." She mumbled. Heidi kissed her head and began walking out of her room before stopping and turning around.

"Who is she?" She asked making Cynthia laugh. Heidi was aware her daughter liked girls. I mean growing up Cynthia never had a talked about boys and she put posters of Megan Fox and Winona Ryder on her walls.

"I'll let you know when I've known her for at least a month." Cynthia said making her mom groan.

"Okay." Heidi frowned playfully as she left the room.

For some reason I just got a burst of inspiration for this chapter at 4am when I should be asleep cause I have school tomorrow.
I hope you enjoyed this. Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜

 Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜