𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Cynthia and Paige decided after 3 days of staying at the motel they would go back home. Cynthia dropped Paige off at her house before going to her own, taking the long way to prepare herself for telling her family her big news.

Cynthia slammed her car door shut and clicked the button on her keys to lock it. She walked up to the front door, sticking her key in and unlocking it.

"Cynthia?" Heidi called out hopefully from the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me." She called back. She tried to walk upstairs to her room, but her mom stopped her.

"Are you okay?" Heidi asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I am. I was with Paige." Cynthia informed her. "I actually have something I wanna tell you after I take a shower."

"Oh okay." Heidi nodded with a small smile. Cynthia gave her half smile back and continued her way to her room.

⠉⠉⠉⠉

After taking a shower and changing into new clothes, Cynthia walked back downstairs and saw her mom sitting on the couch.

"What did you wanna tell me?" Heidi asked with a smile. Her full attention was given to Cynthia. She looked happy, really happy. Probably because her oldest daughter was back home. Safe. A wave of guilt hit Cynthia knowing she was going to take that happiness away again.

"Well, Paige and I talked and I was thinking maybe it was time I moved into my own place." Cynthia said. Her mom's face fell a little which only made Cynthia feel worse, but she knew she needed to do this. "I just think it would be better for me, y'know? Separate myself. I'm not gonna be able to depend on you and dad forever." Heidi nodded slowly, putting on a clearly fake smile.

"Yeah, you're right." Heidi said. "I can help you look for an apartment if you want?" Heidi offered.

"That would great." Cynthia smiled. "Thank you for understanding, mom."

Heidi didn't understand. She didn't understand why Cynthia wanted to leave or why Cynthia felt like it would be better to separate herself from her family. She didn't understand Cynthia, but she loved her and she would do anything for her.

I hope you enjoyed this. Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜

 Don't forget to comment and vote please! Thank you for reading 💜