Chapter 14

Latrell pov

" Bro you've been calling her since that shit happened earlier. I'm surprised she ain't block yo ass." Tre said breathing heavy.

Since school let out I've been calling and texting Kayla. We practicing for our game tonight. I heard Kayla was supposed to be out here tonight.

" Nigga shut the fuck up. I just miss her that's all." I thought back to when I was holding her in the hallway.

" Yo bit- I mean yo girl ain't gonna like that. Holl on nigga Stacy be talking shit about Kay and Yas to yo face , you just sit there. Letting it happen. " Tre passed me the ball before going over to the bleachers.

Dribbling the ball thinking about what he said. He's not wrong, I do let it happen. That's probably why she's so comfortable doing it around others I guess.

" Well fuck all et focus on es game tonight. 1 of 2 last home games. Let's get this DUB BRODIEE !!!"

Maybe I need to give Kayla some time. I also need to talk to Stacy because she has been talking crazy since I cut off Kayla.

I just shook my thoughts we gotta game to win tonight

€€€

Kayla's pov

Me and Toosii was in the mall looking for a lil classy fit for Saturday.

" Ohhh these shoes are cute what you think ?" I asked him.

" Yeah they good and they match my pants. " He said standing right behind me.

" Now all you need is a button up shirt and a blazer. OOOUUU can you match my dresss ? " I asked all excited.

This was a date but not a date because it's not about me and him. It's about Kash and Seven but I think it'll be cute.

" What color you wearing ?"

" Redddd , your favorite color."

He just laughed and nodded his head. I don't know how we gonna do this but watch us pull this offf. We started looking in other stores finding exactly what he needed.

We've been in the mall for about 4 hours and the sun is setting. Before he took me home we went to Chick-fil-a. I just got a sandwich with a large fry. He pulled into they parking lot and turned off the car.

I got comfortable putting my legs on his lap. He let me plug up my phone to bluetooth so we just sitting in the parking lot, listening to r n b , eating. A true vibe.

@kaylaaaw
Close Friends

" Who would've thought?" I heard Toot say with a mouth full of fries in his mouth

" Thought what Toot?" I look at my story for the millionth time. It's not many people on there just Yas, Kev, and the rest of the gang.

" Call me Nau'Jour baby and this. Look at us chilling late night in a parking lot listening to this lovely r n b. " He rubbed my leg while eating his sandwich.

I just blushed because besides Latrell, Nau'Jour was the only one who gave me millions and millions of butterflies in stomach.

" Like cmon Kayla I ain't never did this with any other girl. I ain't never been on no fancy date with them. I just be taking them to the movies and straight to they crib. " He took a deep breath before looking at me.

" Glad you different Kayla. I'm really fucking with you " He lowly said .

I moved my feet from his lap and leaned over the thing that's in between the seats. He did the same ( as he should ). He caressed my cheek before kissing me.

It was quite amazing actually. We had a lil tongue action going on but I stopped it before it got out of hand.  I just looked at him and smiled. We not even in a relationship yet and he has me smiling from ear to ear.

I just can't get the thought that this could've me and Latrell. I guess he had a different plans.

€€€

We're down by like 10 and it's only 5 minutes left in the game. This was the worst I've played yet.

" Latrell man what's going on out there ? You my best player and you playing like it's yo first time !!! Get yo shit together and get 10 points up on that board !!" Coach Von yelled in my ears.

Man he ain't lying. I missed every free throw I had. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. Maybe it's Kayla. The entire game I was thinking about her.

" Get it together man you can manage to get 20 points on the board in 5 minutes." I pepped talked myself.

Walking onto the court the refs passed me the ball. We checked up the ball. I had 2 teammates open and one of course wasn't getting blocked so I passed it to him . He run down the court before throwing it back to me and I hit a 3 pointer.

( I don't know shit about basketball so bare with me 💀)

That 5 minutes flew by. Score was 83 - 80 so we really had to beat that clock. We had like 30 secs left. The other team checked up. Defense was complete garbage because Tre took that ball and passed it to me. It was 10 seconds on the clock and I didn't have enough time to run down the court. So I took my shot and tried a half court shot.

When I tell you everybody was out of they seats. Man the whole gymnasium was up. All you seen was the basketball fall right into that net. Then the buzzer went off. Next thing I know is I'm being picked up.

Score was now 84-83. The whole gym was now on the on the floor. I was still in shocked that I made it in .

We dapped up the other team before heading to the locker room.

" I don't know what got into boy but I'm glad something got into because you was out there's playing like a lil kid at first. Didn't expect you to shoot from half court. ." Coach Von tapped my shoulder.

I just got my stuff and left. I was debating on going to Kayla's but she hasn't texted me back. And honestly i don't think she will.

This week went by fast .. Kash thing is already tomorrow night. I probably won't go because Kayla is for sure going to be there. Can't really face her right now..