Chapter 20

Kayla pov

" Kayla what the fuck do you mean ?" Kevin shouted into the screen.

After I got that text I called Kevin and the boys. Now I'm worried.

What if whoever that is comes for Latrell or come for my family? I don't know what to do. I'm genuinely scared.

" I don't know I was about to go take and shower and  that number texted me."

Now I'm crying because  I'm scared , I'm confused, and I'm overwhelmed.

" Kevin stop all that yelling at her nigga. The fuck is wrong with you ?" I heard Tink.

" Cmon y'all let's we finna head to the warehouse. Ima bout to call Trell to head over there with Kayla." Kash voice boomed.

He sounded so angry. Like he was mad at the whole world.

" Kayla , Trell is on his way. I'm sending on of my dudes over to his house cause ion know who's after who so ion want his car to be a target." He was giving me the run down I guess.

" He gonna be knocking on the back door. He'll probably text or sumn. Just avoid any windows and keep the lights off until Trell is there."

Still crying I wiped my eyes. Very terrified.

" MAKE SURE EM DOORS AND WINDOWS IS LOCKED TOO !" Derrick shouted.

Trust me I made sure they were locked and double bolted. I love my life wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

" Ight Kay.. We finna go figure es shit out right now. Momma working OT so she'll be good but we still having our niggas watch her. We gonna be safe. I promise !" Kev reassured me.

I just shook my head still crying.  After he hung up I waited for Trell on the kitchen floor. Away from doors and windows.

Maybe 20 minutes went by I heard a knock on the back door. Of course I know who it was I was just scared.

I finally got up and opened the door when he texted me and told me to open the door.

As soon as he pushed that door open I flew right into his arms. Feeling how I felt the day I got suspended. Safe.

" It's okay Kay. I'm here. I'm here." He whispered in my ear.

Kevin pov

" We can't track the phone . It's one of them phones at the grocery store." Derrick said.

We're all sitting around the table at our warehouse. Thinking what the fuck we gonna do.

" We all know who and they homies sent the text. Tootsie bootie and em nigga who Kev fought." Tink spoke.

" Yea but we gotta play our cards out right because we don't know what they got and they don't know what we got." Poodie yawned.

First time es nigga ever made some fucking sense.

" We gotta be careful em niggas could be plotting right now like we are." Markie finally spoke.

Now everybody just talking about who's plan we doing. Who house we running into. All of et.

" We gotta run up on them first but we gotta hit em when they least expect it because right now? They expecting us." Kash spoke.

This was his first time speaking since we've been off the phone with Kayla.

" So what's the plan? " I asked.

" Like I said we wait. I got this all planned, y'all just worry about target practice and school." He said.