Chapter 2

Latrell James
_______________

I don't mind picking up Kayla every morning

I don't mind picking up Kayla every morning. A 30 minute drive  ain't nothing. She's my dawg , I'll step on any nigga or bitch for her. But after all of damn hallway traffic I'm in first period listening to this boring ass history teacher talk about I don't know. My bro Deondre texted me and reminded me about basketball practice today.

I make a mental note to ask Kayla does she need a ride home from cheerleading practice. I lay my head on my desk just to be waken with a loud bang. I look up and see Mr.Thompson with his hands out. I lift my head up all the way up

"Yo why is your hand out for ? " , with a slight attitude in my voice clearly irritated .

" Mr.James if you were listening which I see you clearly weren't I am collecting the homework."

I look at him like he's crazy and put my head back down, I'm really gonna be Kayla's ass for not giving me that damn homework. For the remainder of class this nigga put on some movie which nobody watched.

The bell rang and everybody grabbed their stuff and left class. I made my way towards Kayla locker. As soon as I get there Kayla and her other best friend , Yasmine , are just laughing at who knows what.

" What y'all niggas laughing at now ? " I say to them.

Yasmine rolling her eyes and neck before saying

" Latrell you really be in our business , if we wanted you to know what we was laughing at we would've told you !"

Her accent started to come out a little bit. Yasmine ain't from here. She's from New York , don't ask me what part because I don't know. Yas came to Atlanta probably middle of freshman year. She had all of her classes with me and Kayla , that's when we became the fantastic 3 but I'm way closer to Kayla.

" Yo Kayla do you need a ride home from cheerleading practice? I can take you since coach schedule basketball practice today" I asked Kayla after she was done getting some books out her locker.

" Oh yes ! Trelly you're the besttt!" Kayla said all excited.

" Mannn you ain't gots to tell me shit , I know Im that nigga" I shrugged .

We started walking down the hall to 2nd period which we all have together and it's art. See art is like another study hall for a nigga ya know? We don't ever do shit in there, I only took it up as a class before Kayla and Yasmin was doing it.

" Latrell how come we ain't never seen you with  female ? All these hoes in this school want you but you steadily dodging em " Yasmin asked with her lil New York accent popping out once again.

" Mann I'm just chillin Yas , Ion need no girl." I mumble earning a sigh from Yas and a giggle from Kayla.

Ion need no girl. I'm a playa , can't commit to anyone well as of right now. Why stress about having 1 girl when you can have multiple ?

As we make it to the art room I held the door open for Kayla and Yasmin.

" Trelly you're such a gentlemen." Kayla said as I shrugged. Shordy didn't have to remind me.

" Ight niggas Ima see y'all after class" I said to them as I walked back out the classroom door and into the hallway with my nigga Tre.

" Latrell MY NIGGA !" Tre yelled as I dapped him up.

" Man lets go before we get caught by Mr.Daniels and stop all the damn yelling it's too early for that bullshit na." I preach to Tre but he just shrugs me off.

Today is gonna be a long ass day fr ..