the class of seniors continued their lesson.

"okay. can anyone tell me what drywall is made up of?" mrs. russo said.

the girl next to me raised her hand.

"yes mandi." mrs. russo said.

"it's made of quarrtz which is silicon, and oxygen." mandi said.

the teacher nodded and smiled.

"actually that's incorrect." i said.

mrs. russo turned to me, "is it?" she asked

i nodded and i could feel mandi's eyes burning into me. my face got red, "samantha why don't you come up here and show us?"

i stood and tripped on my way up there. i looked back and saw mandi chuckling.

i turned back around and took the marker. on the white board i wrote and spoke, "drywall is actually made of the mineral selenite gypsum, not quartz. and the chemical composition is, calcium, sulfer, oxygen 4, times 2 hydrogen 2 oxygen (CaSO4.2H2O)." everyone clapped and mandi glared at me with a deadly look. if looks could kill i would've been slaughtered by now.

the teacher clapped as well and i smiled and sat back down.

lunch

i was walking around the cafeteria looking for a table when i heard someone call out, "hey!"

i turned around and saw a group of girls.

"yeah?" i asked.

the red haired girl in the middle smiled, "you're sam right?"

maybe i can make friends. "yeah." i replied.

"come sit with us!" another said.

"okay." i said and followed them.

"so. is being around taylor fun? is she the best mom ever?"

"can we meet her?"

they bombarded me with questions so i stood up, "no you can not meet her. i was hoping i'd find some real friends who won't use me to meet my own mother." i snapped and walked away. nobody else offered a seat so i ate in the bathroom like i usually did at my old school. 

after school

school was horrible the rest of the day. that mandi girl and her friends made fun of me all day.

they said that they feel bad that taylor has to put up with me, i'm ugly, fat, a nerd, geek...they call me little orphan tranny.

i was walking in the hallway out to the doors when i knocked into someone.

"sorry." i mumbled and went to pick up my stuff but i was shoved against a locker, "yeah you better be sorry swift." a large, black haired girl spat in my face. 

everyone laughed.

"hey. how many hits does it take to get to a swift's bodyguard?" she snickered and before i could understand whatever the hell that meant, her fist met my face.

i screamed out in pain and no teacher came to my aid...i was hit several times.

"yeah marissa! go for the stomach!" mandi yelled.

marissa smirked and punched my stomach. i screeched and she finally let go of me and my corpse fell to the ground. nobody came to my aid. they all just laughed and walked away, leaving me on the floor in pain and bleeding.

i got a text.

sammy sweetie where are you? -mom

i texted mom back.

to mom: be right there.

i sometimes call her taylor but i am getting used to calling her mom now.

i ran tot he bathroom and wipped out make-up. i washed off the blood on my face and what was coming out of my nose. i covered my black eye and black nose. i covered the rest of the bruises and cuts on my face and stomach.

"better." i said and took a deep breath.

i walked outside and saw mom sitting in her car. i hurried over but not panicky because she would question it.

i got in and sat down, "so how was the first day?" she asked as she pulled out of the school parking lot.

"um, pretty good. chorus was fun." i said.

she smiled, "well that's great sammy. are you interested in any sports or maybe a play?"

"um i might do volleyball. that's my favorite sport." i said.

"cool! did you make any friends yet?"

great...i fake smiled but when i lifted my face i tried not to scream from the pain.

"kinda." i breathed out.

we didn't talk the rest of the ride. i'm hoping she got the message that i didn't really want to talk about it. she usually understands that stuff. don't get me wrong, she wouldn't judge me or anything but if i tell her i got beat up she would go all protective over me and it would just make things worse than it already is. so it's really best if i don't tell her yet...if things get worse i would probably tell her...