chapter 12

sam pov

it's been a few weeks since my birthday and that night of my birthday i stayed over night with justin and we had an amazing night...if you know what i mean. it was our irst time and it was spectacular. recently i don't feel like myself. i have been becoming so much more...soft.

for taylor's birthday she turned 22. i wrote a song for her and she fell in love with it and made it one of her singles. people love it and taylor is obsessed with it. she is sending me to school. i am actually excited for school. i was always pretty smart and good in school. my grades were always pretty high and i loved to play volleyball.

christmas passed...wasn't that big of a deal. just another christmas without my dad. i do miss him... a lot but crying won't bring him back.

"sam! you don't want to be late! come on!" taylor called for me. i sighed and ran down the stairs with my backpack and supplies. i was wearinig my blonde hair in a side braid, a black leather jacket that i got for christmas with my grey rolling stones t-shirt under, black combat boots, ripped jeans and my black jansport backpack of course.

i quickly ate my cereal and got into taylor's car. we finally arrived at Eagle Rock High School. there were a group of people sitting around a tree, laughing and taylor pulled over. we got out and people stared and whispered. we talked to the principal and explained my high grades and focus.

i got my schedule and me and taylor looked at it,

1st period- AP english

2nd- AP italian

3rd- AP chemistry

4th- AP Global history

5th- chorus

6th- lunch

7th- gym

8th- AP calculus

9th- AP spanish

taylor looked at me, "since when do you speak spanish?"

i smiled, "desde que era poco he estado hablando español con fluidez. mi madre tenía una lengua natal y habló español en la casa mucho."

her eyes looked shocked and i smiled. i just said, ever since i was little i have been speaking fluent spanish. my mother had a native tongue and spoke spanish in the house a lot.

we stood up and thanked principal Piombo.

we walked outside, "you sure you'll be okay sweetie?" taylor said.

i smiled and nodded, "i'll be fine tay. don't worry about me." i said.

she hugged me and i waved to her as she looked back at me before driving away.

i walked to my first class which right now is AP chemistry, 3rd period because we spent a lot of time talking to mr. piombo.

i opened the door and everyone stared at me. it's awkward because i am a freshman in all AP classes...

the teacher who is a young, pretty brunnette smimled, "you must be samantha! class, we have a new student here at eagle rock. this is samantha swift. she will be here until graduation so please, welcome her." 

she pointed me to an empty seat at a lab table, next to a brunnette girl with a smirk on her face. she was pretty and looked like one of those "popular girls". she looked like she was in my grade too though. 

i sat down.

"hey"

i said as i sat. she glared at me and let out a "hmph." nastily. "okay..." i said and took out my books.