Chapter 15

sam pov

during class mr. fitz kept smiling and he wouldn't stop.

 "so montag was um. montag..." he looked down at his phone and laughed. he scratched the back of his neck, "he was um. the books and...fire..." he smiled and when he looked up again there was a huge sparkle in his eye. 

woah. what has gotten into him?

"where were we again?" he asked.

i smiled, "we were talking about how montag burned beatty to death." i said.

"right of course. yes. the murder." 

"you know what? you guys can do whatever you want for the rest of the period." he said.

everyone cheered and clapped.

they all ran out of the room to go to god knows where.

i walked over to mr. fitz's desk. 

"so mr. fitz what's got you all smiley?"

he looked up at me, "oh. hello sam. nothing it's just um..."

"my mother?"

he looked up and smiled, "yeah...yeah she-she's really amazing."

aw. she really likes her.

"so it's not just because she's a huge star that you like her then?"

"what? no. no of course not. that is most certainly not what i care about."

"then, why do you like her?"

"i shouldn't be talking to you about your mother-"

"no no please! talk away! i want to know you're not just another guy who will hurt her like the last one." i said.

"well...okay then. well i love the way she talks about her feelings. she is so different from other girls i have talked to. she is beautiful. absolutely beautiful. her laugh is just, the cutest thing i have ever heard. it's like music to my ears. her voice when she talks is like silk. her smile can light up a whole room. her singing is amazing. she is responsible with her wealth, she actual listens when i talk, she looks like an angel that just came from heaven. she is caring, sweet, and funny. she makes me feel so happy... everything about her is like a new chapter in a book. i just think everything about her is just...breathtaking."

his eyes glistened as her spoke about taylor. this guys is serious about her.

"wow. you really like her."

he smiled, "yeah. yeah i do."

"well good." i picked up my bag as the bell rang. i was walking out the door when i stopped, "oh and mr. fitz?"

he turned to me.

"if you break my mother's heart, i will crush your books."

he nodded, "duely noted."

i smiled and nodded and left.

i got through classes good and now i have chorus.

"okay. so class. we are going to do solos today. and before i forget, i have the talent show sign up sheet here. it's hosted by iheartradio. third place winner gets $100, second gets $500, and the grand prize, first place winner gets $1000. it's a singing competition. you can perform whatever you'd like. and i would really like to see all of you in it. so please, perform. try it."

maybe i could do it. mom could help me.

"first up is...sam swift?" 

fuck.