Chapter 37

"Your father told Yeri everything. He was that driver. He could not afford to kill you so instead, he took you in and raised you as his own."

"My father?" She asked. 

"Yes. It's Mr. Son Jeong Hoon. Your registered father, and the one who you grew up with."

She looked down and held her head again. She's always having light headaches.

"But how does Yerim knew about my brother's scheme on killing me five years ago?" She asked after recovering from that headache.

"She heard it from him.  Yeri was hospitalized five years ago. And as to show sympathy, your brother visited since he is close to Yeri's father. But thinking that Yeri is still sleeping, he talked to his hitman by the phone and ordered him to end you. When he left, Yeri then sent her bodyguard right away to find you. But he's already late, you already got into an accident planned by your brother. Luckily, that body guard didn't gave up and was able to get you out of the car before it totally sank."

And that's the reason why Yeri hid Chae for years. The less person knew that Chae is still alive, the safer. 

All those years, she was trying to find evidences against Chou Yicheng. But five long years had passed and yet she couldn't find any. That's because the evidences are all hidden on the old man's vault in which Tzuyu managed to get.

Chae became silent after. Everything was thrown at her even without regaining her memories so I understand that she's having a hard time processing it.

"How's Tzuyu?" She asked after almost 3 minutes of silence.

I smiled. She's always like this. She can still afford to worry about someone even though her situation is much worrisome than them.

"She's fine. She only got shot on the shoulder, so it's nothing critical."

She nodded. "And your son?"

I got worried for a second when I remembered the safety of my son. But my parents promised to keep him safe so I know I can rest assure that he will be. 

"My parents are protecting him. Though I miss him so much right now." I said, failed to hide the sadness on my voice.

She looked away. "I'm sorry."

I quickly regretted what I said. Chae looked so guilty right now thinking that she's a burden for me, which is not.

"No Soo-ah! It's fine. You don't have to be sorry." I reached her face and made her look at me. "I am doing this because it's what I wanted. Even if you wanted me out of this, I will still forcefully involve myself. Because I failed to do so five years ago. And I regretted those five years without being by your side."

She wiped something from my cheeks. I am crying again.

"Did you like Park Hyung Soo because you knew that she was Son Chaeyoung?" She asked that out of the topic question.

I shook my head. "I love Son Chaeyoung. But I also love Park Hyung Soo the way she is right now. Because whatever your name is, I will and always will be in love with you." I said with all my heart.

She smiled. "Maybe this is why Son Chaeyoung fell in love with you." She cupped my face. "I'm sorry Mina. Sorry for still being Park Hyung Soo and not back to Son Chaeyoung. I really wanted to remember you, badly. Remember how we loved each other. How I loved you." Her voice was so sad while saying those to me.

"But I can't still remember. And I don't know if I would be able to." She continued.

I also cupped her face. "It's okay. Those memories are past long gone anyways. We can just make another memories, right?" I smiled while staring right into her eyes.

I just love this person in front of me. With all my heart. With all of me.

She nodded and smiled back at me. "We can. We will." She took my hand and guided it towards her chest. "Because this thing right here, always go wild whenever you're this close to me. It's saying to create as much memories as we can, isn't it?"

My hand felt her heartbeat. It's fast. And it's resonating mine.

"And I wanted to add great memories right now Mina. Both as Park Hyung Soo and Son Chaeyoung." She said and pulled me without warning for a kiss.

-----

We've been staying on this island for three days now. We always accompany Sook whenever he walks out to fishing. 

"I caught one Chae! I caught one!" I shouted as I was so excited when I managed to catch a fish after three hours of patiently waiting.

Chaeyoung laughed at me and helped me took the fish out from the hook. She asked me to call her Chae since that's what really her name is.

"Good job Mina. At last, you contributed one fish out of fifteen that we catched together." She said to tease me.

I pouted. I never knew that she was so good at this. 

"Hmp!"

She chuckled when I snorted. She put her fish rod down and snaked her arms on my waist. She hugged me in front of Sook. I went red when I saw Sook grinned when he noticed us.

I pinched her side. "Sook is watching." I whispered.

"I know about you two dating noona. Nothing to be shy about. Soo-noona already told me that first day we went fishing together." Sook commented, he must have heard what I said. 

"Because she's jealous of me." Sook added and laughed.

I looked at Chae and it's now her turn to become red. She is not looking at me and went to pick her rod to tidy it up. 

"I won't teach you basketball anymore Sook, I changed my mind." Chae said as she walked ahead of us.

"What?" Sook panicked. "Sorry Soo-noona. Noona. Noonaaaa." Sook ran after Chae as he pleaded to the latter. 

I smiled and stared back at the sea. I miss Changmin.

"Mina! Let's go." Chae called me from the distance. 

"Right. Will be there." I shouted and followed them.