Chapter 4

"Tu nous manqueras sûrement Chae. (We'll surely miss you Chae)." My roommate Louise said upon sending me off.

It is finally the day for me to come back. I hugged her.

"Moi aussi (Me too)."

After a few more minutes of saying our goodbyes, I finally went inside the cab that will bring me to the Airport.

"I'll be picking you up."

I smiled at the mail I received. She just visited me last month and I am going to see her face again. This woman has a lot of free time on her hand.

"All right. See you after 8 hours." I typed my reply then put myself to sleep. This will be one hell of a long flight.

-----
I finally stepped my foot back to my homeland. I smiled.

"Welcome back."

She suddenly popped up in front of me and gave me a hug. She also kissed me on the cheeks without warning.

I glared at her. She just ignored me as if she did not do something.

I changed.

I won't be surprised if the people around me will say that. Because I did. Somewhat I did.

And I heard about her relationship with Tzuyu.

I felt betrayed. And I know I shouldn't. Because she told me she don't love me anymore. We are already over.

"You just got here and you already are thinking about Mina. Will you stop that? You're just being pathetic." Yeri scolded me. She always does.

She saw us that day. She hugged me and I cried on her. She's the reason why I slightly changed. She taught me to be someone better. To choose better.

"Lots of women are in line for your disposal. Don't just stick with her."

That's what she always told me everytime she visits me in Paris. She's fucking rich so she comes whenever she wants.

"And what made you think that I am thinking about her?" I asked.

"It's all written in your face. Just hop in or do you want me to leave you?"

She's really hot-headed.

"You offered to pick me up and then you will leave me?" I asked her after tucking myself in beside her.

"I can do whatever I want." She rolled her eyes on me.

I pulled her closer to me and made her rest on my chest. "I'm tired. Let me rest first." I whispered and then closed my eyes.

"I-idiot!" She mumbled but did not protest.

I still have this effect on her. Well, she already said that she's fine with our current relationship.

Special friend.

That's what Yeri is to me for this past whole year.

------
I woke up being so groggy. My body is still adjusting to this new time and temperature. It's like what I experienced on my first day at Paris.

I took a shower with my eyes half-closed.

I went downstairs and saw my favorite people sitted already.

"I do not know if I would be happy that you do not lock me up on my room anymore Unnie." My sister said.

Well, since I came home. My family kept on ranting about the changes they've seen on me. I am no longer that cheerful daughter and sister they've known a year ago. And they are not liking it.

"You should." I said and took a bite on the french toast I asked my mom to do for me every breakfast.

My sister just pouted and continued to eat her breakfast.

Today is my first day back at my University. As usual, I drove my way there using my scooter.

I am planning to buy a new one from the alloted money I received during my stay in Paris.

A few familiar faces welcomed me when I went to the office to give the certificate of completion I received. I also took my new schedule for this last Academic year while doing so.

"Got free time?" A deep voice asked me when I went out. It was Jeongyeon.

I smiled. "Maybe."

"Yah!" Dahyun punched me a little in the stomach. "Why did you not tell us that you came back a week earlier than scheduled? We should've picked you up."

I chuckled. "I just don't wanna bother you guys."

"You're ain't a bother to us Chae." Jeongyeon said.

I opened my arms to them. They both automatically understood it and hugged me.

"Where's Tzuyu?" I asked after our hug. They both avoided my gaze. I know that look.

"No need to feel so guilty. I already know about her relationship with Mina..unnie."

They're eyes widened.

"What? How? Who told you?" Dahyun asked frantically.

"Just someone." It was Yeri.

She's the one providing me updates, that I am not asking in the first place, everytime she visits me."

"Are you fine...with that?"

Jeongyeon tried to sound so careful upon asking that. I know how they feel right now. They're torn between me and Tzuyu. And I don't want them to feel like that.

I smiled to assure them. "Why wouldn't I? Me and Mina are over already, she can date whoever she wants. Even if it's one of my bestfriend."

They looked at each other. Trying to weigh the truthfulness of my word. Then they sighed. Dahyun dialed Tzuyu's digits and we went to meet her.

------
"Are we just gonna stare at each other?"

I broke the silence. The air is so tensed and I can't bear it.

"Can I talk to you in private Chae?" Tzuyu then asked.

Without any words, the other two stood up and left us. We are inside a private cafe that Tzuyu's family owned. We kinda soloed the entire place in a sense.

Tzuyu looked at me as if she is having a hard time.

"If you wanted to say sorry about your relationship with Mina-unnie, then don't bother. I won't accept it."

She looked sad upon hearing that.

"Don't get me wrong Tzu. What I am trying to say is that, you should not be sorry for loving Mina. That's unfair for her."

"I am..."

She is so hesitant about something. Isn't it what she wanted to say?

"Chae...it's not what you think. Mina and I are-"

Tzuyu's words are cut off by a phone call. It was mine. I excused myself and picked it up.

"What were you saying again Tzu?" I asked her when I came back.

"No. It was nothing Chae. Just thank you. For understanding."

I smiled. "Of course, we're friends after all."