Chapter 22

It's been two months since we officially opened our resort. And I am so happy to learn that we are already fully-booked for 6 straight months!

Some locals and previous guests recommended our resort to their friends and family. They noted that the view and the amenities our resort is offering is top notch. That's why we received reservations everyday, even until now.

In addition, Dahyun's social media post about our resort also boosted our popularity and we became known even outside the town.

My one year and a half preparation for this resort really paid off!

A knock from the door broke my silent celebration.

Tzuyu peek her head a bit. "The gang's outside. Wanna hang out for a bit?"

I looked at the numerous piles of files and the screen of my laptop. I smiled.

"Sure. Not that busy." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

Tzuyu just chuckled and waited for me as we both went to the pool area where the others are.

"Here comes the busy as a bee businesswoman." Dahyun announced.

Momo quickly went to me and gave me a hug. I missed her. She just came back from their "post honeymoon" with Dahyun. They got married last year yet they just decided to have their honeymoon last week.

"Mina. You're so cute. Your cheeks are so fluffy I wanna bite it."

My eyes widened as how Momo became extra clingy and aggressive.

"No baby, you can't eat Mina." Dahyun stood up and pulled Momo away from me but the latter just bit her ears and came clinging back to me.

Wait. This scene looked familiar to me.

"You're pregnant aren't you?" I asked Momo while looking at her with narrowed eyes.

She quickly withdrew her hands and clinged to Dahyun. The two smiled widely at us.

"Yep. The procedure was a success. I'm two weeks pregnant!" Momo happily announced.

Everyone clapped and jumped happily with the news. We each hugged the two and congratulated them.

"You're always keen Mina. You easily knew about Momo's pregnancy. We are supposed to announce it first but you dropped the bomb ahead of us." Dahyun pouted as she whined for how I spoiled their surprise.

"Sorry." I apologised and chuckled. Didn't mean it though. I just asked casually.

"Hmp."

We talked about the procedure Momo went through and also the details of their honeymoon for a bit.

Then I broke the ice for them.

"So? What brings you all here?" I asked. "I know that this is not only about Momo's pregnancy. You two could just announce it on our chat group. Yet, you all gathered here at the same time. Even Sana who's also busy with her store, spared some time to be here. What is it?"

They all became silent. I sighed. I know actually what this is all about. I just want them to tell me right away.

"I know it's her death anniversary tomorrow. I did not forget. Never will. But I still won't go."

"But Mina. It's already been five years. You never step near her grave, nor visited her once. Even during buri-"

"I'll go back to my office." I cut Tzuyu off and walked away.

"Why can't you just visit her?" Dahyun asked. I stopped walking.

"I'm not yet ready." I firmly said.

"Then when? When are you gonna be ready Mina? Do you think Chae could peacefully rest when you are still not letting her go?"

"Never!" I yelled unconsciously. "Never will I be ready Dahyun."

I said and ran towards my office and shut the door. I leaned on it and cried while holding my chest. I wanted to let her go. To say goodbye. But I just couldn't.

Not now.

----
I woke up the next day with a headache. I was not able to finish my work yesterday and just cried the entire night until I fell asleep with exhaustion.

"Good morning." I greeted my mom who's currently cooking breakfast for us. I bet Dad already left for work since I saw an empty plate on the table.

"Good mo- what happened to you?" My mom asked as she was surprised with how I look.

I already saw myself from the mirror upstairs and I really looked terrible. I have dark circles under my eyes and my face is swelling due to excessive crying.

"Can I just get a coffee mom?" I asked weakly. I don't have the energy to explain right now.

Just as when I was about to sip on my coffee that I received a call from the manager.

"Hello?" I answered in a really hoarse voice.

"H-hello ma'am!" Her voice tensed up. She must have thought that she woke me up.

"Yes? Is there a problem?" I asked.

I heard her cleared her voice first before answering me. "Well, we have a bit of a problem ma'am. An artist from No One's Art Gallery wanted to meet you. She said that there's a mixed up of the paintings they delivered to us. They wanted to talk to the person who signed the receipt."

My brows furrowed. "Isn't that their fault?" I asked, raising my voice a bit.

"Ahh, yes ma'am. They said they're sorry."

"So why am I needed then?"

"Ahh well, they wanted to take one painting back and change it with the original painting that Ms. Tzuyu picked."

"Then tell them to take it and change it. The paintings are hanged at the staircase."

"We already checked ma'am. The painting isn't there. It's in your office. And we don't have the key unfortunately."

Wait. What? They meant that painting?

No way!

I quickly stood up from the dining chair. "Tell that person to wait. I'll be there right away."

"Yes ma'am!"

"And also..." I added before my manager could hang up. "Tell that person that I won't return the painting no matter what!"

"What-"

I hanged up the call and rushed towards my room. There's no freaking way I'm gonna give that painting up. It's their fault for mixing them up, it's not my problem anymore.

I was on the stairs when I realised something.

Did she say an artist? Not the delivery guy?

My eyes widened in surprise. Am I gonna see the person behind that painting? My heart pounded with that thought. I became excited and prepared myself as fast as I could.

I'm excited to see him. Or her.