Chapter 15

"What truth are you talking about Tzu?"

Though I have lots of questions running inside my head. That's the only question I could utter.

"Mina and I are not a couple Chae. We were just pretending all this time. I'm sorry."

She said with sorry eyes.

"What?"

My knees trembled. I didn't know how to react. Should I be happy that they're just pretending? Or be mad for deceiving me?

I turned my gaze to Mina. She's silently sobbing while covering her face with her hands.

"I'm really sorry Chae. Mina has nothing to do with it. I.. I just forced her to help me. And she was just kind enough to lend a hand."

"Even if that means hurting me?" I asked.

Tzuyu's face turned sad.

"I'm sorry." She said and looked down.

"I understand that we already broke up when you started your act. But you know how I felt back then Tzu! You know how hurt I am when Mina just suddenly broke up with me!"

"I kept on asking myself, where did I go wrong? Did I treat her bad? Was I too much on showing my love? Did I choke her? Caged her?"

"But then after 3 months of continuous questions, the news of you being with her was thrown at me like a bomb. Did you know how I felt? Did you how that shattered me? I end up blaming myself! Blaming my lack of dating experience! I wanted to hate you! I wanted to curse at you! But I can't...because, because Mina said she doesn't love me anymore. And I can't blame her if she fell inlove with you. I can't blame your love."

Then I looked at Tzuyu with fiery eyes.

"And now you're telling me that you two just pretended?! How am I supposed to react with that? Be happy? I fucking suffered!"

I yelled. I can't help but remember those days that I almost killed myself in painting and be busy the whole day so that I could sleep easily at night.

"What do you take me for Tzu? Am I really your friend? Did you even think on how I would feel? And you Mina!"

Mina looked at me with eyes welling with tears. I fought the urge to wipe it.

"Did you even love me? Or was I just a plaything to you? Did you have fun then?"

She tried to reach my face but I avoided it.

"I did love you Chae. And I am still in love with you." She said in a shaking voice.

"Which one is the lie Mina? The one you said just now? Or the one you told me that day?"

"Chae please. Listen to her." Tzuyu pleaded.

I clenched my fist. I wanted to walk out and just leave them, but I also wanted the truth. All of them. I sat back down on the sand and calmed myself slowly.

"Tell me the rest. I'll listen to it. To the both of you."

-----
Tzuyu sat down beside me. We stayed quiet for quite some time.

During that time, I kept on inhaling and exhaling to calm my nerves down. I wanted this day to be over in just one punch.

If I'd be hurt. Then I wanted to take it all in today. Right now.

Then Tzuyu finally started talking.

"You already know this, but my Dad is conservative and old-fashioned. And he hates homosexual relationships openly. So when he learned about Mina's relationship with you. He threatened Mina's parents that he will not sign the contract with them. Mina's parents fought. They thought that they will be fine without my Dad's investment."