Chapter Eight: The First Day

Start from the beginning

Our first test was a fifty-meter dash and there was for sure some interesting uses of quirks. There was a boy who had a stomach laser and used it to blast himself forward whilst his opponent slid on the acid she was creating; another girl used her quirk to make all her clothing lighter whilst another girl made roller-skates. It was honestly kinda cool to watch but quicker than I imagined it was my turn, I was going to be running alone due to the uneven number of students in the class. I decided that I wouldn't use the same move I did in the recommendation exam and instead drew most of the water from the ground into my legs, when I was signaled to go, I blasted the water from the bottom of my feet sending me surging forward. When I had finished my run, I quickly looked back to see my time and was kinda shocked to see a time just over three seconds, specifically, 3.04 seconds. I looked over at Aizawa who had his normal uninterested look on his face except for his eyes, I could see pride in his eyes and that was all the reassurance I needed. I walked back to my fellow students, who some were looking at me in awe, and quickly made my way to Momo who also held a slightly surprised look on her face. "What?" I asked when I approached her but when she didn't answer I continued, "You've seen me do cooler things, you remember that right?" I asked with a slight smirk which finally snapped her out of it as we walked over to the next test.

Our next test was one to test our grip strength and much like before I watched those around me first. On this one there weren't as many impressive scores though there was a boy who had multiple arms who was able to a score around five hundred and forty kilograms which I will admit is actually really impressive. After most of the students had gone, I finally figured that I should also complete the test so we could move on, much like the last test I pulled the water from the air into my arm and hand and began to manipulate it so it would increase the strength of my grip. As I was about to grip one of the students tripped into another one causing them to both call out in alarm. This was able to catch my attention and distract me enough that I didn't realize I squeezed on the machine until I heard a very audible crunch causing everyone to look over at me. I didn't want to look down, not wanting to admit I was the one who broke it, so I didn't. Instead, I walked over to Aizawa and without looking at it handed it to him; when I let go of it several pieces fell and hit the ground but I obviously ignored it and was very clearly embarrassed while walking to the next test.

The next test we were to do were repeated side steps which I actually had a pretty good idea for though apparently not many of the others did. Much like the last test there weren't many impressive results for this except for a boy who was able to use the balls of his quirk to bounce back and forth. When it was my turn everyone paid attention, especially acter the past two tests, but my plan for this one isn't all that different from the boy with the purple ball hair so I didn't feel they would be all that impressed with my result on this one. Basically, I created two water walls on either side of me and would manipulate them to throw me into the other one, however while doing this I had no idea how fast I was going until the test was done. When it was over, I quickly returned the water to where it came from and moved so the next person could go. As I moved, I looked up and I could see everyone staring at me again with similar expressions to the first test causing me to adopt a confused expression and look over to Aizawa who also had a slightly shocked expression as well. I moved over to him whilst the next student went up and asked under my breathe so only he could hear me "Why was everyone staring at me?" to which he looked at me out of the corner of his eyes with confusion in them. "Do you know how fast you were going?" he asked to which I shook my head but before he could say anything else it was time to move to the next test.

We were treated to a relaxing test after the last one: seated toe-touch. Most of the girls were able to touch their toes and several males were able to as well, a lot of us actually used this test to sit for a slight break. There wasn't really anything to be super impressed with when it came to this test so I didn't really spend much time watching others. When Aizawa came over to see my result I could see him writing before I even did it causing me to smirk; Aizawa has seen first hand that I am extremely flexible so he knew that this test was going to be no problem for me. Never the less, I leaned forward and was able to place the palms of my hands to the arches of my feet causing several people to look over but not say anything. After Aizawa moved on I decided to do some stretching so I leaned forward again but instead of grabbing both feet I turned my torso and grabbed one foot with both hands before switching to the other side. I spread my legs enough that I could move my torso between them and wrapped my arms around the underside of my legs helping to stretch the backs of them. Before I could do anything more, we were told to move to the next test; what I didn't realize was most of the class was watching in amazement as I was able to do that causing Aizawa to become protective and move us along.