Not even a single tear

Adam's pov:

        After about 35 minutes of what I thought was peaceful sleep, Sauli jolted up and started to sweat. He was breathing so fast and he had a look of concern and fear on his face. He acted like it was impossible for him to catch his breath.

"Sauli what's wrong!?"

"Oh Adam!" He gets up and hugs never, never wanting to let go.

"What happened?!"

"It was awful, you were there and the next thing I know your gone. Someone took you away and killed you...I was all alone and felt so helpless." Sauli was struggling to speak, tears were pouring out of his eyes and he was trembling like crazy.

"Sauli, calm down, it's okay I'm right here."

"I'm so happy it was only a nightmare. I have no idea what I'd do if it was real."

"Oh Sauli, its okay. I have some exciting news!"

"What is it?"

"Tommy was here no to long ago!" I way with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"How do you know this?"

"Lorrie." Then I realized that Sauli didn't know who she was. "Lorrie is the lady behind the desk in the waiting room. She told me that Tommy was here last Wednesday."

"Oh my god this is great." Sauli says finally catching his breath.

"Hey sauli," I begin to say, "What happen to you? I mean I was only gone for like 5 minutes and then you weren't in the room anymore. I was so worried that something really bad happened. Did you see the person's face? Someone definitely injected you with some kind of poison, but who?"

"I have no idea. The last thing I remembered was when you left the room to go find some water. But that's it, I don't know anything else."

"Oh okay, but I'm glad your okay. I won't let anything like this ever happen again. I'm never leaving your side."

"Thank you Adam, I'm really glad your here for me." He says with a smile. 

        The next three days are all the same. I was always at the hospital with Sauli and, I was also always greeted by Lorrie every morning. And today is the day Sauli can leave this terrible place and we could go back home. But it seemed odd to me that as the days went by Sauli didn't seem to be making any kind of improvement. If anything he was slowly getting worse, everyday his skin would get a little paler and he was slowly becoming weaker as the days pasted by. The doctors said it was just a side affect from all of the medicine they gave him at once, but I think it something else.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Sauli anxiously.

"Yeah lets go." He said in a raspy voice.

"Are you sure you feel okay? I mean, you don't look the best."

"Adam, how many times are you going to ask me that? I'm fine and if there was something wrong don't you think I would know about it?"

"I am going to ask you that until I am convinced its true. I guess I'm just a little bit worried about you, that's all."

"Thank you for your concern but I feel fine Adam."

"But you don't look fine. There is definitely something wrong."

"Adam calm down there is nothing wrong with me."

"Okay fine I'll believe you this time. Lets get going."

        I looked at Sauli still not convinced that he was 100% okay. Something looked a little off about him still. Even though he said he felt fine doesn't mean that he is fine. We walked out of the hospital and got into my car ready to leave.

"Are you sure your okay?" I ask Sauli still worried about him, but I think I know the answer to my question.

"Oh my god Adam I'm fine. You need to stop being so worried all the time. If there was a problem I wouldn't be going home, and you know that."

"You still don't have me convinced."

"Okay, what do I need to do to convince you that everything's okay?"

"I don't know, be more convincing."

"Adam just relax, nothing is wrong and your going to have to believe me."

"Okay now that sounded a little bit convincing."

"Good, now lets go."

        But no matter what Sauli said he was still not going to make me think differently about him. He was still sick and no matter how many times he says he's fine, I'm not going to believe it. 

        I drove out of the parking lot and made my way home. My plan was to make sure that Sauli is okay and then its back to looking for Tommy. Now I know that Tommy is around and in the area this makes it a little bit easier to find him. I just had to keep looking.

"Adam, what if we never find Tommy?" Sauli asked me and he looked disappointed.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, I mean that if we never find him, will you be sad and depressed your whole life?"

"We're gonna find him someday because he is here somewhere we just have to keep looking."

"But Adam I'm worried about you."

"Why would you be worried about me? If anything I should be worried about you."

"Jesus Adam I'm fine! How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Like I said before, until I am totally convinced."

"I just wonder sometimes what you would do if we never find Tommy." 

"I really don't know what I would do, life would be really empty without him."

"Yea, your right it would be."

"All I want is for him to be happy and okay. And if he's somewhere out there right now smiling then that makes me the happiest guy ever."

"I bet he's thinking about you right now."

"I hope so, and I also hope that he knows that I'm gonna find him and he will no longer need to worry about anything."

"I think he knows." Sauli said with a smile on his face. Then I realized that talking about Tommy didn't make me cry anymore, not even a single tear threatened to fall. It actually made me kinda happy.

"I just want him to be okay and back in my arms again. And I know that someday he will be. We will be together again because nothing can keep us apart."

"I really hope that you find him Adam. Your right, nothing could ever keep you guys apart."

"Thanks Sauli." I say with a smile and then notice that we were almost back at my house.