Chapter 33: Unknown Horizons

Börja om från början

We've long since passed the point of singularity, but do not worry.

You are not alone.

Izuku awoke to the sight of his damaged room. His bed sheets and floor rug were burned. Everything had been knocked down as if an earthquake occurred and even his door flew open. It created enough racket to awake Yuga and have him check up on his friend.

After an early morning run to collect his thoughts, Midoriya gave some details to his girlfriend about his dream. However, he wanted to verify it all with Yagi before saying everything, which she understood. At lunch, Izuku explained his experience to his mentor, but it provided no answers. The only sure thing was that this was something new that All Might and his predecessor had never experienced.

After the boy recalled his full dream, Tooru asked, "So like, One For All is now powerful enough to recall the will of the previous users?"

"Something like that, I guess."

"Including their quirks, like those black tendrils that spewed out of you this afternoon?"

Midoriya looked at his hand before saying, "Yeah. That was called Blackwhip by its user. I never got his name, though."

"I mean it's not like you had a mouth to even ask," Hagakure stated with a grunt. "I am curious, though. Were you able to see All for One's face?"

Midoriya shook his head as he answered, "During all the exchanges I saw, All for One's face was like my body, obscured by black. Everything above his mouth was just a blur."

"Drat," Tooru said as the two neared their dorms. Izuku then felt himself being led another direction as his girlfriend said, "You know, let's go for a walk and talk about this some more. I don't want to continue this over the phone."

"But dinner-"

"Don't worry, I'll text Ida-kun to save us beef stew," Hagakure interrupted before pulling out her phone to do just that.

Midoriya was more disappointed because the rest of 1B was going to join them for the meal. He wanted to see how everyone was going to interact. The boy was also worried about Mineta. From the sound of it, Ashido was going to let him have it after school was finished. Not that he didn't deserve it but still, concern for a friend.

"Alright, we should be good as long as we are back within a half-hour," Tooru stated as she put her phone back into her jacket's pocket.

"It shouldn't take that long to explain what happened during the Joint Training."

Hagakure squeezed her boyfriend's hands as she said, "Oh, I know, I have additional plans, though."

This sounded like the many excuses Tooru gave for a quick make-out session on the roof, Izuku thought. Before his embarrassment to the sudden prospect could take over, his girlfriend pulled him forward to continue their walk, albeit away from the dorm.

"Alright, so since you have that new quirk named, you must have talked to the predecessors again. Did that happen when training with Bakugo-san or during your match?"

"The final match," Izuku mused. Memories of his chaotic afternoon came flooding back as he began to explain.

Today was Tuesday and December was finally here. The members of TAC quickly learned why All Might and Eraserhead had canceled their usual evening meeting. Both class 1A and 1B did a joint training session and were pitted against one another at Ground Gamma. The objective was simple, capture everyone on the opposing team while keeping damage to a minimum. The catch, however, was there were 41 students.

To everyone's surprise, Hitoshi Shinso was participating as well as he was under consideration to join the hero course. After teams were determined, the student from 1C was to join 1A's side for the first round and 1B's side on the final round. Hagakure had previously complained that this made it unfair for the opposing teams during both rounds, but 1B's homeroom teacher argued that because of Shinso's lack of battle experience due to being in the general studies course, it would nullify such an advantage.