Chapter 38: A Familiar Voice

A howl of pain erupted into the night air.

"Oh my. You weren't this loud after I broke your wrist."

After some heavy panting and gasps of air, the restrained man's synthetic voice responded with, "Cause this time...was my entire arm, you bastard."

"Well, I'm not letting this chance slip away. You've been a pain in our side for years." The hulking man then adjusted his hand to cover his captive's mouth as well. "Now that I've thought about it, I'm cashing you in for the bonus of a lifetime. I bet I could retire after this score." A few rogue sparks then started to erupt from the electric villain's jawline.

"Halt, evildoers!"

The duo looked over to see a figure beside the smashed car.

The rock villain cackled before asking, "What are you a high schooler?"

"Not quite. I am an esteemed student of U.A. and am in full right to stop this," Ida explained as he flashed his provisional hero license as he approached.

"So still on your training wheels. Cute." The man's sarcastic demeanor changed to a monotonous voice as he stated, "Get lost kid. This is way beyond you."

"Be it as it may I still cannot stand by and let this happen."

The villain grunted before raising his free hand. The rock in the side of the damaged car dislodged itself and began spinning towards 1A's class president.

"Behind you Ida-san!"

Tenya sidestepped the projectile to the right after hearing the message from his earpiece. The sudden burst of speed had blown off the part of his pants that covered his engine. The rock itself came to a halt just shy of the hulking man's face and then floated gently onto his shoulder.

"Well, well, we got a speedster. Not bad." The villain then raised his victim higher into the air as he stated, "So you can dodge my attacks, but what about dealing with this one. Let alone being able to take me down."

Ida got in position as if he was able to sprint, "You'll soon find out."

An excited voice then came from beside the hulking man, "By me!"

"What the-?"

"Say cheese!"

A blinding light erupted from Tooru's position. The villain faltered, and Tenya took the time to jolt forward and kick the man's arm, letting go of his victim. The class president caught him and rushed him back to the others hiding behind the car.

"Careful there," the injured man stated as he was set down on the grass. His voice was even more distorted than before, with a lot of static distorting his words.

"Good job out there. Now continue distracting him while I interrogate this one," Aizawa stated.

Ida returned to the battle while Midoriya, Ojiro, and Uraraka followed.

Izuku recalled the plan in his head while they all took their positions.

"Our first plan of action is to separate these two. Ida-san, I need you to provide the initial distraction while Hagakure-san gets into position to use her Light Refraction."

Midoriya gulped, "W-Wait doesn't that mean-"

"Not now Izuku, just listen to sensei. And everyone turn around, please."

"Thank you, Hagakure-san. Anyways, I'll get details about the rock villain from the injured one while a few of you keep him busy. I'll make the call of who once we learn what he can do. I'll join in once I acquire enough intel."