Chapter 46: Concrete Jungle

Izuku was wide-eyed as he slowly stated in a hushed tone, "Is...is this the fabled Allmobile!?"

In front of him and the others was a sleek all-black sports car. The car was low to the ground and flat in its shape. Its wheel arc heavily shielded the wheels and had thickened exterior plus glass all around it. All Might coughed as he brought up a pair of keys to unlock the vehicle. "What? No, that thing is overseas if it still exists, but you know of that thing?"

"Yagi-sensei, this is Izuku we are talking about. This shouldn't come as a surprise." Tooru added.

"Still, it is quite an obscure fact about me."

"I've seen you mention it before in some of your earliest interviews not long after you debuted in Japan. You used it in your early hero days in America, right."

Toshinori rubbed the back of his neck as he explained, "It was. However, I have no recollection of saying such things. But then again, everything was going by a kilometer a minute after I debuted. I guess I got lost in all the newfound publicity."

Mei remained silent, though her actions and look on her face were anything but. She had on her signature goggles to inspect every inch of the car and was happily circling it as she did with the giddiest of all grins.

Hagakure sighed and thought to herself, "Great, there's two of them."

Hatsume then asked, "Is this thing entirely made out of titanium?"

"On the surface, yes. However, some tungsten and other metals make up the interior, if I remember correctly. It's been about five years since I talked to the engineer who made this for me."

"This baby got a name?"

Yagi grinned proudly as he answered, "Hercules."

Midoriya nodded. "Ah, I see, after the Greek god of heroes. It's perfect."

Hagakure was torn at the moment. This was the happiest she had seen her boyfriend since he woke up in the hospital, but they really needed to get going. "Why don't we continue this conversation once we start moving? It's going to take a bit to get there anyways."

"Agreed, let's pack up and head out. I would like us to get to our hideout and be on the streets before the sun is up," All Might stated as he pressed another button on his keychain, which popped open the trunk of the vehicle. He then placed his suitcase and briefcase into the car. Tooru followed, putting a large duffle bag and a small white backpack in. Izuku had the opposite, a large yellow backpack and a small duffle bag. Mei placed a large toolbox and a black satchel. Tooru worried just how little clothes and essentials the last two brought along.

The girls seated themselves in the back. Hagakure figured Hatsume would be too distracting for Yagi if she were in the front seat. Thankfully her friend didn't fight the decision as Tooru grabbed Mei's hand to follow her to the back seats, despite her face looking betrayed.

Not long after taking off, Hatsume asked, "So did you plan on society falling apart years ago to have Hercules built for it?"

"Of course not. Its original design was for my protection. As we discussed earlier, after my first fight with All For One, my injuries prevented me from using One For All at its full potential. At times, I was regulated to this form, and it made me realize what state I would be in once I passed my quirk to my successor. I hoped that this would all stay a secret, but I couldn't deny the possibility of my true form becoming public. I could then become a target, and I would need something to move around safely. In the end, my true self did go public, but I couldn't predict the circumstances that unfolded last summer."

"That you would defeat All For One for all to see," Izuku said.

"Correct, which kept the blow of my true form as small bananas in comparison. I also had the support of U.A., as things would have been quite different if I lived elsewhere. So Hercules's purpose seemed pointless; however, I decided to keep it just in case. I was correct to hang on to it."