Chapter 22: A Dramatic Start

"You got the gig? Good going kid!"

"Congratulations Midoriya-san!"

"Y-Yes! It sounds w-wonderful Izuku."

Izuku bowed his head and said, "Thanks. All of you."

It was a Sunday afternoon, and Tooru and her boyfriend were having the video call with their parents. They were in a private study room at the school library. This time her father had decided to come.

Midoriya, just hours before, had been approved for his internship with Sir Nighteye. The former sidekick to All Might was quite interesting, to say the least. Despite his intimidating demeanor, he oddly valued humor as one of the highest virtues of being a hero. Mirio had suggested that all Izuku had to do was make the pro hero laugh. And he failed, well at first anyhow. The details leading up to Midoriya's acceptance into the internship were still racing in his mind, however. Something was brought up that couldn't be ignored. All he knew was that he needed to talk to All Might on Monday, that was for sure.

"And you start tonight. Talk about hitting the ground running," Tooru stated as she patted her boyfriend's back.

"Yeah, I hope I can keep up. I wasn't expecting it that quick," Izuku responded while scratching the back of his head.

Midoriya had told his girlfriend everything before starting the video chat. She was elated to hear the news and wanted it to be the start of the conversation with their folks.

Inko then stated, "Just be careful okay?"

"I agree. Just do what Sir Nighteye tells you to the T. This is about gaining experience, not more broken bones," the red-headed woman said in a strict tone.

Izuku nodded his head as he answered, "I will, I promise." However, looking at his mother's worried face, he knew she was still very hesitant about the idea.

Tooru's father then asked, "So any interest in doing an internship as well Tooru?"

"Nah. I wanna focus on school right now. This term already looks tough going by just the first week. Maybe next year," the invisible girl replied.

Mrs. Hagakure sighed in relief before saying, "Oh thank goodness. Just focus on your studies for now sweetie. Hopefully, things die down a bit by then. I'm sure All Might's retirement has some villains more willing to commit crimes."

Midoriya felt his girlfriend tighten her grip on his hand. She then responded, "I will." Tooru then exhaled before asking, "Now anyways, would you mind telling us how your meet up with Izuku's mom went, mom? I mean we had to skip our last video chat because of it. Izuku and I would have rather told you we both got our provisional hero license doing this rather than telling you over the phone."

"Oh, that? That's just between us adults I'm afraid," the red-headed woman said with a chuckle.

With a grunt, the daughter asked, "What? Why?"

"Let's just say I had to drag your drunk mother's butt home," Mr. Hagakure replied with a snicker.

Shooting a quick glare at her husband, the woman stated, "Honey!"

"What? I thought it was hilarious and precious. I mean you must have enjoyed your time with Midoriya-san a bunch to get that plastered," the father responded while shrugging.

Inko said while scratching her cheek, "It was an exciting night alright. Wasn't it Hagakure-san?"

"Awww Midoriya-chan I thought I said it was okay just to call me Mitsu-chan," the red-headed woman stated in a pout.