Chapter 40: Tactics and Gear

Aizawa stated dryly, "Stop pouting Hagakure-san."

"I haven't said anything yet. How can you tell my mood?"

"Your posture tells me enough."

Tooru softly groaned but said nothing more.

All Might approached the side of the podium as he stated, "Don't worry. This should be our only classroom Team Appreciation Club lesson for a long while. We'll be back in action next Monday."

Eraserhead was quick to add, "See? So just endure it."

A simple nod was all the girl gave in response through her hoodie, which she hadn't pulled back once inside the building. Hagakure then pulled the hoodie's drawstrings and tightened them until most of her head was encased in fabric. This got a chuckle from Uraraka but a facepalm from Ojiro.

Yagi rubbed the back of his neck as he stated, "Before we get to the heart of the matter, we need to address the progress made since we last met at the start of December." He then gave a gesture towards Uraraka before saying, "I must say your suit upgrades are quite ingenious. Your new grapple allows you to quickly cover the distance between your opponents, but has allowed you limited flight as well with its assistance."

"Well, the exact idea wasn't my own, but thanks."

Ida crossed his arms and had a look of slight discomfort plastered on his face.

Judging from his friend's reaction, Midoriya figured it was due to Hatsume's efforts from his trips to the workshop. Things were still sour between the two and were the prime reasons he was hesitant to ask the group about her proposal. Either way, Uraraka's suit had gone through quite a change. Her helmet no longer had its glass visor and had a new look. The belt was redesigned and reduced. And finally, her wristguards now contained a grapple. Hatsume was quite ecstatic to finally explain how it all worked once Midoriya had seen it.

Aizawa flipped through a few pages as he said, "Flexibility for Ida-san and planning ahead for Yaoyorozu-san. Something you both needed. Not much to add."

Both class reps nodded upon hearing this.

Izuku recalled them both explaining this on the first day of term. Though, of course, Eraserhead wasn't there to see. Whatever happened hadn't cropped up again since that night they talked. His homeroom teacher seemed back to normal, but it still made the student worry.

All Might then asked, "How goes the bojutsu training, Ojiro-san? We haven't seen you display it in class yet."

Mashirao rubbed the back of his head with his right hand as he answered, "Still a work in progress sensei. It's going to be some time until it's battle-ready."

Momo gave a concerned look at her boyfriend but looked away once she noticed Izuku had noticed her. Guess things are not going that smoothly, he thought.

Aizawa sighed before saying, "Fair enough. I would rather you have that attitude than be overconfident." He then turned to Midoriya. "It's good to see your control over that new power of yours wasn't a fluke."

"Thanks, but I still need to work on my endurance with it." A few seconds wasn't going to cut it on the battlefield.

"Better than exploding like before," Hagakure sassed.

Yagi coughed before turning to the female student saying, "I think his body has had enough of that." He then gave a more severe look before asking, "How goes these suit upgrades you submitted last month? The Stun Punch was quite impressive, and now I'm quite eager to see the others come to fruition."