Chapter 4: Enter the Swift Hero and Floating Heroine

Pain.

Physical pain.

Self-induced physical pain.

This time, however, there was the mental pain as well.

There had been a lot of firsts that Wednesday for Izuku. It was the first time he had ever used his quirk on someone else. The first time he had to fight villains ever since he got his quirk. The first time he had ever seen All Might go all out in person. The last one was the source of Izuku's mental anguish.

Midoriya and All Might were both in the nurse's office back at school. Both had received injuries during a villain invasion during what was supposed to be rescue training. Recovery Girl could handle their injuries, however, pro heroes Eraserhead and Thirteen had received much more serious wounds and were at an actual hospital. Just minutes before he was told by Detective Tsukauchi, an ally and friend to All Might from the police, that both heroes would survive and recover, which brought some comfort to the teen. But it did nothing to stop Izuku from feeling dread about his mentor's situation.

The boy's idol had given his all against the villain known as Nomu. He had pushed past his time plus power limits, and it had cost him. The number one hero already mentioned that this encounter would shorten the duration of his muscle form, which concerned Midoriya of course, but another thought was dominating his mind. It was the thought of the actual possibility of losing his idol, his mentor, his friend. All Might had told his successor if he and his classmates had not helped, the symbol of peace would probably be dead. While grateful for the comment, to think that his demise was even possible had struck Izuku to his core. The idea that Japan would lose it's number one hero, of having to learn to develop his quirk on his own, and that he could have lost a father figure were all things he would need to deal with if his mentor died. The boy had lacked an actual adult male figure in his life for quite some time.

The green haired teen shook such thoughts from his head. He then looked to his right. The sight of his mentor getting some well-deserved sleep eased Midoriya. Not much time had passed since the detective left the room, and after Recovery Girl did another check-up on her patients, she left to monitor the pro heroes at the hospital. All Might was quick to fall asleep after her leave. Sleep was starting to claim Izuku as well. His eyes were getting heavy, and it was getting harder and harder to stay awake. However, something he heard to his left made him quickly become wide awake.

"Hey, Midoriya-kun, you awake?"

The boy knew who that voice belonged to. Turning his head towards the source just confirmed it, because he saw nothing. Izuku's face then became flustered. There was no doubt that Tooru was standing next to him, but because she was entirely invisible meant she was wearing nothing. A naked girl was standing right next to him. "H-Hagakure-san," the teen groaned in a small voice.

"That's me," she whispered confidently back.

The question of how raced through Midoriya's mind. He knew there were police just outside the door guarding it to make sure no one bothered All Might and to keep his true form a secret. "How did you get in here? The police are blocking the door to get in," he murmured.

"I just slipped in the office when that granny nurse left. No one was in the office so it was easy for me to quietly open the next door to this room," she answered.

Izuku started rubbing his forehead and responded, "But why?"

"Well, we didn't get to hang out, again," Tooru said annoyed.

They did seem to keep getting their meetups consistently interrupted. The invisible gal had suggested that they sit next to one another on the bus drive back to U.A. after the training was over. Ida's failed assigned seating arrangements had kept them separate during the bus ride towards the unforeseen simulation joint, as Thirteen had called it. Tooru said she would try and convince the class president to let them seat freely as she and Izuku walked away from the bus. The boy wondered if she even bothered to ask Tenya after the events that unfolded earlier that day. Izuku noticed a depression in the bed to his left; she must be sitting down now.