Ch. 20: Wrong Move

Start from the beginning

Y/N: It wouldn’t hurt to try, would it?

I smile as those words play in my head again.

She was right. It didn’t hurt at all.

Flashback 2

When I saw her at the music room playing this song...

I can still feel her fingers under my own. And for a moment, it felt like the world belonged to us only.

End of Flashback

I end the song and I suddenly hear the students clapping and cheering. I smile widely and I turn to the other BTS members to see them smiling and holding up thumbs-up signs. I turn to the audience and look for Y/N to see her smiling and clapping. I smile at her and nod and the lights fade.

Your POV

Dahyun: That was amazing! I didn’t think Yoongi could actually play the piano!

I smile and look at the stage.

Y/N: I’m glad he finally decided to show it.

The lights then get back on, revealing Astro on stage. I suddenly lock eyes with Eunwoo and he smiles sweetly as the music starts. I then notice Moonbin and I smile as he turns to me and our eyes meet. He smiles sweetly as he gets ready to sing his line and I feel Dahyun grab my arm as he starts singing.

Dahyun: WAAAH! Y/N-ah, I'm suddenly envious of you, two!

I laugh and I look back at the stage to see Moonbin wink at me before moving to his next position. I giggle to myself as they continue performing. After a while, their performance ends. The lights dim and I suddenly notice Mina, who was still seated beside me, stand up and walk away. I watch her go with a confused look on my face then suddenly feel Dahyun tap me on the shoulder.

Dahyun: Come on! Let’s meet them backstage!

We then stand up and Dahyun leads me to the hidden area behind the stage.

Backstage

As soon as we get backstage, I see Soobin talking with the other members of TXT, BTS cheering Yoongi, and Astro coming from the stage. I raise my hand and wave at Astro to get their attention and open my mouth to call Moonbin when Mina suddenly appears and places her arms around Moonbin. My eyes widen when she does this and I’m even more surprised when Moonbin doesn’t even do anything.

Dahyun: What the- What’s she doing here?!

Dahyun starts to walk towards them when Mina suddenly pulls back then kisses Moonbin. My eyes widen and I freeze. I notice Dahyun’s eyes widen, too, and the other members of Astro turn to me with surprised looks. I can see that Moonbin’s eyes are wide as he pushes Mina away.

Moonbin: Yah! What do you think you’re doing?

Mina smiles innocently and Moonbin suddenly turns to me and his eyes widen again.

Moonbin: Y/N...

I feel tears start forming in my eyes as I smile sarcastically at him.

Y/N: I can’t believe you.

I quickly turn around and start to run away.

Dahyun: Y/N, wait!

Suddenly, I hear Soobin’s voice as I exit the auditorium.

Soobin: Y/N!

I ignore them as I continue to run away.

Moonbin’s POV

I’m frozen as I watch Y/N run out of the auditorium, Dahyun and Soobin calling out to her. As they leave to go after her, they suddenly turn to me and glare. This pulls me out of my trance and I turn to Mina who’s still smiling innocently.

Mina: Mianhae, I-I didn’t mean to cause a scene...

I look at Mina unbelievingly then breathe a sarcastic laugh.

Moonbin: I should have known...

Mina looks at me with a surprised look.

Moonbin: I should have known your plan all along.

Mina: W-what are you talking about?

Moonbin: I can’t believe I fell for all your dirty tricks! I thought you had changed, Mina, but I guess I was just wrong...

I grab my hair in frustration and look away from her.

Moonbin: And I can’t believe I just let you ruin my second chance at love...

Mina grabs my arm and looks at me pleadingly.

Mina: But I’m already giving you your second chance at love.

Out of anger, I quickly pull my arm away from her and look at her angrily.

Moonbin: You think I would love you again after what you did today?!

I then turn to the way Y/N left and start to walk away. Suddenly, Mina tries to grab my arm and I push her away.

Moonbin: Enough already! I’m begging you, just please stop!

I look at Mina angrily and see a surprised look on her face. I then turn away from her and start to walk towards where Y/N ran to.