Chapter 20

In the end, George didn't continue to question the missing person cases. He trusted Clay and Nick, and didn't see any reason to question either of their responses.

Sure; there was a bit of doubt in his mind- but he brushed it off as simply himself being overly anxious. He was hiding out in a stranger's apartment with two friends he barely knew, who just committed murder and arson respectively- he had the right to be a little bit anxious in this situation.

What did help, though, was when it was time for the three of them to go to bed. They had already made their sleeping plans, so George followed Clay back to the bedroom and settled down in bed with him while Nick passed out on the couch.

George watched as Clay quickly settled into the bed. He seemed comfy, a wide smile on his face as he cuddled into the blankets and pillows. George sighed softly and closed his eyes, trying to get comfy next to the already sleeping Clay.

Without really realizing it, Clay instinctively wrapped his arms around George. George smiled softly at that, managing to fall asleep. In Clay's arms, he felt safe in this strange situation. And Clay, now in the position Techno had been in mere days ago, smiled contently in his sleep. 

When morning came around, Nick was the first to wake up. As he looked around the room, he realized he was the only to wake up. Naturally, he headed over to the bedroom to see if the two lovebirds were still asleep- and they were. Nick snickered to himself at the sight of the idiots asleep in someone else's bed.

So, naturally, he pulled his phone out to take a picture. Not because it was cute, but because-

"Nick what the fuck whyyyyy," groaned a sleepy Clay as he woke up to the camera shutter. He lifted one arm to flip the other off, huffing to himself.

"Blackmail," Nick hummed with a laugh, shaking his head. "Now get the hell up."

"Ugh, why??" George mumbled in annoyance.

"School? Idiots." Nick said with an eye roll.

"Do we have to go?" Clay questioned, closing his eyes again. "We could always just... skip?"

"Are you two sure we even have school today?" George (the smart one of the group) questioned tiredly.

"Probably... not." Clay and Nick realized in unison, both shutting up as George exhaled and curled back up in bed.

"That's what I thought. Now let me sleep, or else they'll never find /your/ bodies."

Clay and Nick blinked. Tired George was a different breed entirely, huh? Was that a joke about Clay murdering someone? Who was this man infront of him? And why did it just make Clay love George more?

All questions that likely wouldn't be answered, considering that George was fast asleep once more. Nick shook his head and left.

Clay paused and cracked a smile before pulling George close and closing his eyes. It was in that moment that he knew he loved George- though he wasn't sure why it set in right then.

Of course, he had realized he loved George a long time ago. But it was only then that he realized he /loved/ George.  He loved George maybe more than he loved Techno. No, not maybe- he did.

And so, he let himself fall asleep, George in his arms and lovey thoughts in his head.

A few hours later, Clay woke up to George sneaking out of his arms and making his way out of the room. He huffed to himself and stayed put until he smelled something cooking from the other room.

Yawning, Clay pulled himself out of bed and made his way to see what George was doing. Seeing the shorter male cooking, he smirked a small bit and snuck up behind him. Silently, he wrapped his arms around George's waist and buried his face in his hair.

George's face quickly turned a bright red, looking over at Clay. "Morning," he said quietly.

"Morning," Clay replied in a deep, sleepy voice. George jumped a bit as he heard the tone, then laughed softly.

"Wake up, you dumbass... I'm making pancakes," he said with a small smile, making Clay grin.

"I see that, dummy."

"Dummy."

"Dummy."

The rest of the morning went fairly smoothly, the three eating their food together and just hanging out. By the time nighttime rolled around, the three were still just hanging out together, playing games, watching tv, and forgetting that they were living in their dead "friend's" apartment because they were on the run from a felony they committed together.

Multiple felonies, really.

That was, until George got a call on his phone. Hopping up, he apologized and headed outside to take it.

Clay and Nick waited patiently, not thinking much of it until George came back inside in a panic.

"I have to go-" George spoke quickly, "bring me my clothes at school tomorrow?"

Clay frowned a bit at the notion of George leaving, but before he could object, Nick was already talking.

"Aw, alright. Will do."
And so, George ran off, leaving Clay and Nick to pass out on the couch together.

—————

I'm really sorry this took so long to post :( school's been wack lately